What is you favourite thing about your T6?

For me, it's practicality - it's the ultimate do-it-all vehicle.

I have a 68-plate Caravelle that gets used as a daily driver, a shopping car and family bus, an impromptu camper, and a work van. I had the suspension breathed on by CRS Performance so it drives beautifully and handles a million times better than the Discovery 4 it replaced. It's the 7-seater, so plenty of room for sons plus girlfriends plus dog plus assorted gubbins for days out, etc.

For the work van side, the Caravelle offers plenty of room to store and manage my kit - I run two companies; one providing aerial survey and inspection services, the second providing thermographic inspections for heat loss surveys. Both of these involve lots of travel and often lots of waiting around in the middle of nowhere.

A heat loss survey, for example, needs to be undertaken at least 2 hours after sunset to ensure any solar gain has dissipated, however, I need to provide standard reference imagery which needs to be taken in daylight. Prior to buying the T6, it was a case of finding a pub to sit in and pass the time - I've sat in some truly awful pubs over the years :D ). With the 'Velle I can capture the reference imagery and then find somewhere quiet to park and fire up the coffee machine and have a cup of coffee/bite to eat and while away the time in relative comfort.

With the aerial work, my main surveying platform uses 4 batteries an hour and I'm often on site for 8-10 hours, so I need somewhere warm and dry to deal with the paperwork and to manage batteries and charging, as well as downloading and reviewing imagery between each flight. I'll often arrive at the site the night before, sleep over in the van, and be ready to go first thing in the morning (after firing up the coffee machine of course).

I genuinely can't think of another vehicle that I would replace it with - apart from a 4Motion version of the same thing

I have a 68-plate Caravelle that gets used as a daily driver, a shopping car and family bus, an impromptu camper, and a work van. I had the suspension breathed on by CRS Performance so it drives beautifully and handles a million times better than the Discovery 4 it replaced. It's the 7-seater, so plenty of room for sons plus girlfriends plus dog plus assorted gubbins for days out, etc.

For the work van side, the Caravelle offers plenty of room to store and manage my kit - I run two companies; one providing aerial survey and inspection services, the second providing thermographic inspections for heat loss surveys. Both of these involve lots of travel and often lots of waiting around in the middle of nowhere.

A heat loss survey, for example, needs to be undertaken at least 2 hours after sunset to ensure any solar gain has dissipated, however, I need to provide standard reference imagery which needs to be taken in daylight. Prior to buying the T6, it was a case of finding a pub to sit in and pass the time - I've sat in some truly awful pubs over the years :D ). With the 'Velle I can capture the reference imagery and then find somewhere quiet to park and fire up the coffee machine and have a cup of coffee/bite to eat and while away the time in relative comfort.

With the aerial work, my main surveying platform uses 4 batteries an hour and I'm often on site for 8-10 hours, so I need somewhere warm and dry to deal with the paperwork and to manage batteries and charging, as well as downloading and reviewing imagery between each flight. I'll often arrive at the site the night before, sleep over in the van, and be ready to go first thing in the morning (after firing up the coffee machine of course).

I genuinely can't think of another vehicle that I would replace it with - apart from a 4Motion version of the same thing
Fantastic what mods were done to the suspension at CRS?

Every thing!! Makes me smile every time I’m in it! No seriously I use it for work and family (kombi)
Just been on a weeks holiday all luggage and more in the back still had loads of room plus nice pulling up at the beach eating and chilling in the back loads of space a good all rounder! Sod the SUV’s perfect family and work horses

I bought our Daughter a Polo last week and have been driving that around because it uses no fuel whatsoever. We have a Tiguan that hardly gets used. As I was washing the dust and cobwebs off that yesterday ready for my wife to take away on a trip tomorrow, I thought that I really ought to drive this, then I could do without the van. Cash it in whilst the going is good. However, today we went out in the van and all that changed. I could never let it go. Once you get bitten, that's it. Nothing else comes close.

It’s the perfect all rounder and becomes part of the family.

I have a Kombi and it is my daily driver, plus it is used for picnics, to make a cup of tea or hot chocolate after a brisk seafront walk or bike ride, to take the bikes out with us and keep them inside without bike rack worries, somewhere to get changed, to get diy materials for the house or garden and as a base for day trips out. If I have to go into the office I also like to chill out in it before work as I normally (purposely) arrive 30 mins early and also at lunchtime.

It would also be used for tip runs if the local tip allowed commercial vehicles in :rolleyes:

Wow - really niche use case but sounds perfect.

It’s the perfect all rounder and becomes part of the family.

I have a Kombi and it is my daily driver, plus it is used for picnics, to make a cup of tea or hot chocolate after a brisk seafront walk or bike ride, to take the bikes out with us and keep them inside without bike rack worries, somewhere to get changed, to get diy materials for the house or garden and as a base for day trips out. If I have to go into the office I also like to chill out in it before work as I normally (purposely) arrive 30 mins early and also at lunchtime.

It would also be used for tip runs if the local tip allowed commercial vehicles in :rolleyes:

Wow - really niche use case but sounds perfect.
These are reasons why the other half is very excited on pick up only the van this week!

I have an 8 month old California Ocean 204 4Motion in two-tone white & bayleaf green - it is comfortable, versatile, quiet, a joy to drive and I love it. I smile every time I see it.

20220822_115823.jpg

... and the thing behind it is the family member we don't talk about. It is thirsty, overly aggressive, has a harsh ride and a brutal 510hp AWD drivetrain - a BMW X3M Competition - I thought it would be a nice car, a bit of fun, so I got it in May.

They are like chalk and cheese, Jekyll & Hyde... I prefer driving the California.... so the X3M will be swapped for a Z4 in October.

So many things, arm chairs in a car, with armrests! Then just space for everyone and everything (caravelle), even the stereo sounds better and I don’t dread long car journeys anymore and the kids love it. This is the vehicle they will look back on with so many happy memories carting them and their friends round to do stuff, go to the beach and have fun. My golf out performs it in so many ways except relaxation and happiness

So many things, arm chairs in a car, with armrests! Then just space for everyone and everything (caravelle), even the stereo sounds better and I don’t dread long car journeys anymore and the kids love it. This is the vehicle they will look back on with so many happy memories carting them and their friends round to do stuff, go to the beach and have fun. My golf out performs it in so many ways except relaxation and happiness
Absolutely agree! Wish I had bought one when first born arrived! Happily carts family and dogs about whilst having oodles of fun! Youngest (8) had a friend for a stay over - put them up in the pop-top for the night and they think it is the coolest “car” ever!!!

We bought our T6 Campervan January 2021: it is our every day drive and we go away for a long weekend once a month without fail all year round. The van is just so practical, usable, it does everything we need it to do.

Should have bought on years ago.

The ability to carry 3 surfboards, 3 bikes and all the associated things that go with said items inside rather than on roofs and racks!

Its not much of a looker as it stands on its stilts with stock 16" wheels but gets us all over with no fuss, what's not to love.

Back