What is you favourite thing about your T6?

People wants so much from vehicles these days because our lives are ever changing. A nice car to park in the work car park, a vehicle that can fit a family plus bags, bikes and an array of electrical goods for entertainment and yet can still do the tip run on a Sunday. The transporter is that. It also has a unique following so those that wish to tinker can. A forum to help with mods and/or maintenance costs and a following that just makes you smile when you get a wave of see a fellow sock monkey on the dash.
Personally I prefer the OEM look however will do mods that my van practical for my lifestyle.

The T6 just feels incredibly rigid and that is a winner for me. All my old vans felt somewhat like tin foil compared to the VW. Plus, I hit an average of 48.2mpg on a 200+ mile trip today and it’s a 204PS. I was pretty damn happy and amazed with that. I put my poor van through some serious hell and it doesn’t even break a sweat.

Got our LWB converted last year so only did short hops.
However, this year....Spain, France and Scotland for us.
Sons have full access to it also ....France and Cornwall for them.

The best thing.......getting it back in full working order with no damage!

:thumbsup:

Ps.... it also gets more admiration than any of my friends vehicles!

Apart from the fact that my 83 year mum thinks its a 'Prison Van' - all the other comments have been favourable, but I didn't buy the Kombi to please anyone else apart from myself!

My original reason for buying was that I didn't like having my bikes on the roof or back of the car, and inside got challenging with more than 2 people. I've modded but it's still functional - was at BPW last Tuesday and an Arc would have been better transport than a bike, we changed under the tailgate and chucked tow ragged bikes and muddy kit in, even with Carpet lining and Leather seats - it you are organised it works (EVOC Bike Blankets and Wheel Bags, plus a couple of 40L Flexi Builders buckets)

It's definitely a Chameleon of a vehice, as we stayed at the Celtic Manor and pulled up outside to drop our bags, the concierge was happy to help with bags and open doors etc - and then wanted to valet park it.

Two things
I like the fact that because my converted campervan is black, the windows just blend in and that makes it a bit of a covert camper.

The wheels and side rails are a little blingy but IMHO just enough to peak people’s curiosity as you can see them thinking ‘that’s not a builders van’.

And

I can take my bikes around with me and then pop the trailer inside when I need to.

BTW
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and likewise everyone who expresses an opinion is entitled to be criticised or praised for having that opinion.

Peace n love
:mexican wave:

C3E8FCBE-2EC7-463A-A7A0-8ED411AF2E09.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
2 litre Diesel PS102, I have to say, I am very pleased with it
Hi Stephen, is that the milage your are getting through motorway driving? I have owned my conversion for 2 months now, all on “A” roads, and a lot of short runs, I’m so far getting about 38 mpg, but I reckon I would get better mpg on the motorway, which is why I’m interested in your mpg, seems a lots, but must be doable, my van is a 102hp 2 litre diesel also.

Hi Stephen, is that the milage your are getting through motorway driving? I have owned my conversion for 2 months now, all on “A” roads, and a lot of short runs, I’m so far getting about 38 mpg, but I reckon I would get better mpg on the motorway, which is why I’m interested in your mpg, seems a lots, but must be doable, my van is a 102hp 2 litre diesel also.

On that run it’s 22 miles Mway and 55 A Road

I've also got a 102 and I can touch 40mpg if I really concentrate.

I use mine every day, I go to Chester and back , I know not 200 miles, but I get 55mpg, and its all campered up, weight wise.
Is that what the MFD is telling you or are you measuring via brimming the tank each time? If its the MFD, chances are, based on the experience of others, its reporting somewhat more than you are actually getting. Either way, it looks like you are getting very good MPG. Last time we went to Bala (circa 130 miles each way, 150 DSG, fully loaded with a boat trailer and bikes on the back) my MFD reported 51 mpg but in reality I seem to be getting anything between about 38 and 45 (hard to get accurate figures as most tanks have an element of Eberspacher heating to take off) - still more then happy with that!!

Back