What bumper addition is this?

Brother Moses

T6 Pro
Apologies as this is probably a stupid questions.

But what’s the name of this bumper?

5EA16FB7-D100-4E24-ACA1-686010F880D3.jpeg

I’m going to be taking it off to hopefully fit a genuine commercial style one, so need to know what to name it when I come to list it for sale.

Cheers guys

The lower section is a sportline splitter, it's hard to say if it's genuine VW or aftermarket, but I would say it's likely to be after market.

The rest of the bumper is a startline bumper. This would have started life in textured plastic, which sounds like it's exactly what you're going to change it to! Someone in the past has had it rubbed down and sprayed to match the body. The upper grill with the VW badge is all part of the original startline bumper.

The lower sportline section will fetch a few quid, have a look on ebay for similar ones, or old for sale listings on here to get an idea of how much you might get. Indium grey was a very popular T6 colour so that helps.

The main bumper might be worth something to someone who is looking for a cost effective way to colour code their van, but I couldn't give you a number.

Pedant here, the main bumper is most likely a trendline - colour coded but no fog lights. If your van has temp and fuel gauges at the bottom of the two main gauges it'll be a trendline, if the fuel gauge is in the central display between the gauges and no temp gauge then its a startline.

Pedant here, the main bumper is most likely a trendline - colour coded but no fog lights. If your van has temp and fuel gauges at the bottom of the two main gauges it'll be a trendline, if the fuel gauge is in the central display between the gauges and no temp gauge then its a startline.

So looks to be the trendline after all?

3D112FBB-FFB5-4E0E-B279-8BECCA65D62C.jpeg

The lower section will separate from the main bumper and in my opinion will improve the look of the van ten fold. I'd try that before changing the bumper entirely, unless of course you've got your heart set on the commercial look that is.

Back