What are the mechanical differences between the T32 and T30?

m33ufo

Firstly, I don't need the extra load carrying ability of the T32, but it would be good to know what I'd get for the extra £700 or so?

The comparison is between a T30 and T32 SWB 150TDI Highline Kombi.

As @Chrisfraser05 says the suspension and chassis is uprated for the extra carrying load. I think the brakes on the euro 6 models are the same on the 150/204. My 150ps T32 has the big brakes, not sure what you get on a T30?

Where I come from a private van or combi can not get a permit to use the skips if its over 3 tonnes. T30 ok, T32 not.

As @Chrisfraser05 says the suspension and chassis is uprated for the extra carrying load. I think the brakes on the euro 6 models are the same on the 150/204. My 150ps T32 has the big brakes, not sure what you get on a T30?

Not all get the big brakes. My EU6 T32 150 doesent have them. Not sure why? Its a SWB. Perhaps all the LWB of that spec get them?

Firstly, I don't need the extra load carrying ability of the T32, but it would be good to know what I'd get for the extra £700 or so?

The comparison is between a T30 and T32 SWB 150TDI Highline Kombi.

If you don't need a T32 for tax reasons, load capacity etc etc, don't spend the extra. The suspension set up in a lightly loaded T32 is woeful.

The only difference is higher spring rates and the front struts are bolted to the lower arms differently instead is slotted in.

Big brakes on all 150 and 204.

And yes the suspension is a nightmare on an unloaded on a t32.

In regards to T32 not being allowed in tips and T30’s are id simply say - how would they know.

Not all get the big brakes. My EU6 T32 150 doesent have them. Not sure why? Its a SWB. Perhaps all the LWB of that spec get them?

That's a concern because the larger brakes would be a bonus - I'd be slightly pi$$ed if I ordered on that basis and didn't get them.

In regards to T32 not being allowed in tips and T30’s are id simply say - how would they know.

I'd get the bigger brakes on a T30 150? If so happy days - I'll go with the T30. The 17" wheels on the T32 aren't so important as I'd likely change to 18" Speedline wheels anyway.

Scunthorpe council won't issue a permit without seeing the registration document. They were considering limiting the number of visits per year as well.

I'd get the bigger brakes on a T30 150? If so happy days - I'll go with the T30. The 17" wheels on the T32 aren't so important as I'd likely change to 18" Speedline wheels anyway.

I think what I said is incorrect, pretty sure big brakes need to 17 inch Devonports so guess if you can get claytons on a 150 then i must be wrong.

17" wheels are the size you need for vw bigger brakes as they will not fit in a 16" wheel. High line spec for 17"s I think.

20170815_110417.jpg

I think on T5s you used to get bigger brakes on all T32 vehicles but now it's only the ones with the bigger engines that get them as standard.
If you are looking on the configurator or going through options I believe it's referred to as 17" Chassis

I think on T5s you used to get bigger brakes on all T32 vehicles but now it's only the ones with the bigger engines that get them as standard.
If you are looking on the configurator or going through options I believe it's referred to as 17" Chassis

I had a T5.1 T32 140 SWB, that only had the small brakes. There wasn't much clarity then either regarding what got the big brakes. Big brakes then also got you a sort of inboard drum with shoes at the rear, for the handbrake. Dont know if that still applies.

Back