What’s Under the Driver’s Seat?

AJC

I’m hoping to order a Transporter 4motion Van for daily use and for a weekend camper. The problem is that due to a minor disability the front of the driver’s seat cushion is too high for me to drive it comfortably for any length of time. The height adjustment only changes the height at the rear of the seat cushion. The Multivan electric 12 way adjustable seat allows for a seat position about 40mm lower than the van (at front of driver’s seat cushion) which would be perfect for me. I have asked the sales rep if its possible to fit these seats into a van and still waiting on a response but fear it will be cost prohibitive even if possible. So, exploring the option of having the seat base cut down and re-welded. Spoke to an engineer who sees no issue, but does anyone know what is under the driver’s seat? Is there anything mounted in the seat base that would prevent lowering the seat or restricting how much the seat could be lowered? Obviously not actually being an owner yet I can’t check it out for myself. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Electric adjustable front seats is indeed an option. You can order them for the Cali but they don’t swivel so most don’t order them.

Nothing prohibitive under there
A few cables for seat belt sensor/seat airbags if fitted, you could also have a control module for towbar if fitted but these can all be moved aside if needed

Thanks Pauly, that's exactly what I was hoping to hear and thanks for the info Loz i hadn't realised that the electric seats couldn't swivel.

The California isn't available in Australia but the Multivan here is the same base vehicle so wasn't expecting this quote for the electric seats - $17,500.
Think ill go the custom fabrication route and chop the height of the stock seats down

Back