What’s this monstrosity? #tachograph

shylock

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Can someone tell what this monstrosity on the top of the dash is please. I think I’ve seen a thread on here about removing it ? Like the van but apparently this is why it’s not selling!!!31731974-2EB5-4E37-B752-5F76175B5C2F.png

Tacho log thing for commercial driving logging.

Its screwed onto the top cubby hole.

There's a thread on here about them.

The thread title was a warning, to be fair, but nothing could have prepared me for that.... :eek:

It sort of reminds me of 1977 British Leyland..........

Nice one Jason W ,that’s the thread I had seen ,much appreciated .Dont think I will bother ,it would probably bug me too much once removed.

We brought a brand new van with this for our rental fleet. Needed a van quickly so took some built stock Thought we could just remove it! Oh no. The dash is absolutely butchered underneath, like completely butchered! We will fit a new dash top when we sell

Mine was pre built and came with it. It was an excellent wallet and glasses holder and now houses my uhf radio for trips in the bush. I also considered using it for a monitor for the caravan camera, but couldn't find a single DIN pop out monitor. Looks like they died with DVD's.

My van had been sat on the lot for over 12 months and I paid the equivalent of 23k GBP for a LWB 204ps with high roof and heaps of extras.

Suited my tight arse bargain hunting requirements :)

Mine was pre built and came with it. It was an excellent wallet and glasses holder and now houses my uhf radio for trips in the bush. I also considered using it for a monitor for the caravan camera, but couldn't find a single DIN pop out monitor. Looks like they died with DVD's.

My van had been sat on the lot for over 12 months and I paid the equivalent of 23k GBP for a LWB 204ps with high roof and heaps of extras.

Suited my tight arse bargain hunting requirements :)

2A0BF569-3237-433E-ACA0-91F3D0A09C1C.png

F447579F-4EEB-4522-A014-C09FDD343059.png

Reactions: CAB
They had a lot of trouble selling it, but choosing a van is like choosing a missus. Always look for the hidden gem!

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
We brought a brand new van with this for our rental fleet. Needed a van quickly so took some built stock Thought we could just remove it! Oh no. The dash is absolutely butchered underneath, like completely butchered! We will fit a new dash top when we sell
Ouch! Let that be a warning to all, eh?

Interesting.
When @T6180 was on the hunt for a 6.1, he found a main dealer selling 6.1s with these fitted and they told him it was a case of 'just removing it' and it wasn't a difficult job.
I wonder if they've actually removed one before, or they are just assuming.

Interesting.
When @T6180 was on the hunt for a 6.1, he found a main dealer selling 6.1s with these fitted and they told him it was a case of 'just removing it' and it wasn't a difficult job.
I wonder if they've actually removed one before, or they are just assuming.
D’you think he might have been talking to a salesman?!!

by the sounds of it, ask the dealer to remove before delivery and see what the reaction is!

Back