Well Done NHS

Totally agree, they should have full PPE and the relevant tests to see if they have contracted it.

Yes one of our friends is front line and has been off for 14 days as she was showing signs,she is only 20 years old.
If the test were available she would know either way and she is keen to get back to work.
Another friend is in cardiology in Leicester and they had to lock the hand sanitizers away as they were getting stolen ,what the f**k is wrong with people .
She has little to know PPE available and is risking her life and her family for these scum bags.

I am self employed but would give extra cash for the correct PPE for these people.

Respect to them.

hand sanitizers away as they were getting stolen ,what the f**k is wrong with people .

As if most of us didn't know already, but all of this has seriously shown a minority of the public up for the total low life's they are. My wife's colleague got mugged for her lanyard that had her NHS identification attached to it.
Now my wife has to travel to work and hide anything that makes it obvious she's NHS.

As if most of us didn't know already, but all of this has seriously shown a minority of the public up for the total low life's they are. My wife's colleague got mugged for her lanyard that had her NHS identification attached to it.
Now my wife has to travel to work and hide anything that makes it obvious she's NHS.
My wife has now been told not to travel in uniform, sounds very reminiscent of being in the forces and not being allowed to travel in uniform

they had to lock the hand sanitizers away as they were getting stolen ,what the f**k is wrong with people .
My wife's colleague got mugged for her lanyard that had her NHS identification attached to it.

Normal people haven't just started doing these things.
These types have always been there, but over the last 20 years successive governments have chosen to not punish them for this type of behaviour.
I've known of thieves who had 20 plus cautions for stealing cars, but never once been to Court.
A scumbag can continue their life of crime, getting a caution, warning, reprimand, a final warning, conditional cautions or "restorative justice"(usually they have to write a letter of apology, or dictate it to somebody who can), then perhaps another caution and round the system again. If the criminal is "disorderly" they can get a Fixed Penalty Notice for disorder.
In the Police all of these outcomes are known as "out of Court disposals" and the Police are encouraged to deal with offences this way.
Have you noticed that your local town probably has an old Magistrates Court building that is now used for something else? Many Magistrates Courts were closed because they didn't have enough cases to deal with.
So, even if caught, a criminal is highly unlikely to go to Court and even if they go to Magistrates Court, the odds of them being sent to prison are tiny, unless the crime is very serious, in which case it would go to Crown Court anyway.
So there is no deterrent and they pass their morals on to their many, many children, and you've seen the results.
I'd like to see anybody now using a stolen NHS identity card to get 5 years minimum jail. Fat chance of that!

So are the ID badges being stolen to enable entry to supermarkets and cheap food. If so they need jailing g as has been said for 5 years. My daughter is a cardiology nurse and has been told that they will now need a letter as well as ID to prove she is a key worker. The PPE they have is pathetic and not fit for purpose. Agree with what DaveD said, if you are a scrote you get away with crime after crime, that will only get worse with the 6 month minimum jail term to come in. Law abiding citizen who makes one mistake is then slaughtered.
Keep safe peeps,

I couldn't agree more with all of the comments on here.

Sadly, it was mentioned on the news this evening that 47 doctors have died in the Italian situation.

Hang in there NHS..!

Years of underfunding and austerity have ruined any chance of spare capacity in pre-pandemic times. They deserve far more than recognition..

And no doubt if we go to total lock down and the police try to enforce it they will get slated by some for being power crazy and just raising money. Its happened in both Italy and Spain so could be here next, however with the Guadia civil and the Carabinieri who are a lot more para-military than the British police and a lot more feared. The poor British coppers will have their hands full.

I read a long post that came up on my wife's Facebook page from a hospital in Birmingham.
They were NHS and had been all their life, and they were wondering if the fact that their hospital A&E was now hugely reduced, if a large percentage of the walk in cases that often jammed up the A&E for hours were not actually necessary in the first place.

They followed on to say that although they appreciate all the 'trend' for the new NHS love and loved the free coffee and parking, if this was to become the new norm for the staff, or once it's over, do they just go back to being the unseen hero's that only get a mention of they either do something wrong, or get abused by a member of public or take too long to get to a patent. (the newsworthy stuff)

The post concluded with a very good phrase that I thought was really clever. 'NHS is for life, not just Corona'

That quote is very true.
It will be interesting to see what happens after this ,I hope people remember the sacrifices the NHS staff have made for them and continue to give them the respect they deserve.
The problem is people have short memories .

My daughter in law is a NHS nurse and she commented that A&E patients walking through the door were a fraction of before and that was before the lockdown
So I does make you wonder how many were actually genuine HAD to go to hospital cases

I read a long post that came up on my wife's Facebook page from a hospital in Birmingham.
They were NHS and had been all their life, and they were wondering if the fact that their hospital A&E was now hugely reduced, if a large percentage of the walk in cases that often jammed up the A&E for hours were not actually necessary in the first place.

They followed on to say that although they appreciate all the 'trend' for the new NHS love and loved the free coffee and parking, if this was to become the new norm for the staff, or once it's over, do they just go back to being the unseen hero's that only get a mention of they either do something wrong, or get abused by a member of public or take too long to get to a patent. (the newsworthy stuff)

The post concluded with a very good phrase that I thought was really clever. 'NHS is for life, not just Corona'

Being a child of the 50’s...our services where not literally taken for granted because it was a newish concept, prior to the NHS forming you either paid or went without in some cases...but as time has gone on our respect by many for what the services are actually for ..

Less Alcohol...( and other substances)
Less Accidents (traffic related ..DIY)
Less things that really could be dealt with by our pharmacist
All the above may have a bearing on A+E’s having less visitors

but let’s hope that in general people’s better understanding of Covid 19 and the impact the services are feeling as a result will make them think twice about rushing to A+E in the future

Last edited:
My wife has now been told not to travel in uniform, sounds very reminiscent of being in the forces and not being allowed to travel in uniform
My wife normally gets the bus to work and back and it goes via our local hospital and she has often said she can't believe nurses are getting on public transport with there uniform on either before or after a shift is spreading germs and this was way before this all happened

In our village people are making bags from old duvet covers so the NHS staff can put their uniform in it and can put it straight in the wash when they get home .
Great idea as the staff can come home in their normal clothing.

great idea and must be safer for the staff.

The current advice is to travel in own clothes, change into Nursing uniform at work. Complete shift, change clothes, place dirty clothes in a bag and tie it up. Then wash clothing on a higher heat than normal to kill germs, then tumble dry. It would be far easier if they were given scrubs clothing.

The current advice is to travel in own clothes, change into Nursing uniform at work. Complete shift, change clothes, place dirty clothes in a bag and tie it up. Then wash clothing on a higher heat than normal to kill germs, then tumble dry. It would be far easier if they were given scrubs clothing.
As a temp measure add dettol to the machine ..so you don’t just rely on higher temp ....Major respect to the NHS :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The problem is that nurses don’t have changing rooms any more ,my friends wife works in Leicester cardiology and has to change in the toilets .
As Like many people they would not do this as she has to change in a uni sex toilet ,why do they not have changing rooms like other people.
WHY??

Back