Well Done NHS

My wife used to work at a hospital in London until a few months ago and they were not supposed to wear their uniforms when commuting even then, but now at a local hospital and this is not a requirement.

Completely unrelated to the current conversation but, as a nurse (not looking for kudos, just stating what I am), the response from people and companies have been amazing.
We have people donating PPE to our hospitals and it is amazing. We have received wee treats from ex-patients and companies which is great for boosting morale (not to mention delicious).

I know some people are saying not to refer to it as a war but in my opinion it is... and the wartime spirit is in great form and so strong. It makes me proud to be doing my part knowing that the British public are behind us.

Sorry, a bit of a rambling post but I feel it is important that the whole of Britain gets recognised and not just the NHS. Everyone is stepping up and it is amazing to see that we can still do that.

Thanks to everyone.
:inlove:

Had to edit as woohoos was making me think of the game The Sims where woohoo is a completely different thing entirely.
:laugh:

Yes we are all in it I agree, however Nurses, Doctors etc are on the front line so its massive respect to you all. You are all doing an amazing job.

I work in a major hospital as part of a NHS maintenance team and can assure everyone that there are staff changing rooms everywhere in the hospital, some may be a short distance from the ward but most are located just outside the ward.
I have been on 10 hour shifts this week and regularly walk past the A and E and minor injuries waiting rooms and they are deserted.
Everyone focuses on the doctors and nurses at the sharp end but there is a back up team of porters, domestics and catering teams etc without whom the place would soon grind to a halt. These jobs are not very well paid but the staff are getting on with it.
I have to put an A4 sheet of paper on my dashboard saying I am key staff so I don't get a parking ticket whilst at work, some people have had their car broken into the A4 sheet stolen so they can park for free near a hospital.
We have to put our dirty clothes into a carrier bag and take it home to be washed in at least 40 degree heated water straight away.
My hands are suffering from being soap washed and alcohol washed every time I enter or leave wards.

Not happy with parts of the NHS, my daughter is a nurse and can not get hold of scrubs. So she is having to wash her uniform daily at a higher temperature to ensure it kills all germs etc. However this is causing a lot of the Nurses uniform to deteriorate and causing them to shrink. She has asked for some new uniform as have other Nurses but have been told they will have to purchase it. NOT GOOD ENOUGH. rant over

Not happy with parts of the NHS, my daughter is a nurse and can not get hold of scrubs. So she is having to wash her uniform daily at a higher temperature to ensure it kills all germs etc. However this is causing a lot of the Nurses uniform to deteriorate and causing them to shrink. She has asked for some new uniform as have other Nurses but have been told they will have to purchase it. NOT GOOD ENOUGH. rant over

I have huge respect for your daughter and her colleagues, but none for the NHS bureaucrats (not on a nurse's salary) who failed to buy enough PPE for those on the front line, then blaming their failings on the government. They should not have to buy their own scrubs, that's outrageous! The bureaucrats might say that they could not have foreseen the Corvid 19 outbreak, but after SARS and Ebola, and Operation Cygnus, that is nonsense.

Back