Welcome new members

A place for new members to stop by and say hello, tell us what your driving or planning to drive & anything else you want to share.

If you want to post a question or discuss something specific please visit the appropriate sub forums
Hi All, thought I would input as I'm becoming obsessed with all things related to the Transporter.
I bought a T5.1 Highline Kombi at auction last year which came with 20" alloys, exploria bed, night heater, lined in rear and wind out awning.
I'm useless at DIY but managed to put in a swivel to front double seats...
I've now bought a domestic fridge so looking forward to a cold somewhere in Scotland and beyond.
This forum has helped me so much,
Thanks!
Gerry

Hi all
I signed up to the forum this week as I’m about to buy my first transporter. A 68 plate ex-demo T32 kombi, DSG, Iridium grey, that I plan to turn into a day van/camper. Plan to pick it up next week.
Learnt a lot already from reading various posts here

Hi folks

As i guess with many i found the forum when trying to figure out how to fix something on my Caravelle Se
and it has been very helpful and informative and as a result have been able to fix a problem(self caused with the air bag warning light ) when fitting a dash cam

I am a Ex RNXS marine engineer, a current (30 years) computer engineer with electronic repair experience, from Scotland
So any advice or help i can offer please feel free to ask

Thanks for letting me join the forum that is now added to my favourite short-cuts

Hi - Just bought a 2019 T6 Highline Camper King. Haven't been camping since our kids grew up - but now they're into it we're looking forward to having some great holidays with all our Grandkids (we have 6). My daughter also has a T5 Caravelle and trailer tent.

Hi - Just bought a 2019 T6 Highline Camper King. Haven't been camping since our kids grew up - but now they're into it we're looking forward to having some great holidays with all our Grandkids (we have 6). My daughter also has a T5 Caravelle and trailer tent.
6! You'll need a double - decker poptop :think smile bounce:

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks everyone for the great forum. New member for team Bamboo Green....LHD 4M Multivan in the process of pimping Stealth Camper with California 2/3 rear seat. Warlord wheels Grabber AT3 tyres usual bolt ons. this is my 6th Vw T had them all from a 64splitty / Baywindow / T3 / T4 / T5 and now a T6. Failed Mountain biker but good Telemark Skier!

Hello all,

hope all is well?!

I've just signed up having just bought a 2016 T6 Highline panel van.
Looking to convert into a nice Kombi / day camper.

Look forward to learning lots!!
Hi everyone
Thanks everyone for the great forum. New member for team Bamboo Green....LHD 4M Multivan in the process of pimping Stealth Camper with California 2/3 rear seat. Warlord wheels Grabber AT3 tyres usual bolt ons. this is my 6th Vw T had them all from a 64splitty / Baywindow / T3 / T4 / T5 and now a T6. Failed Mountain biker but good Telemark Skier!
Welcome all, don't forget to upload some pics.

We love pics :think smile bounce:

Ok CAB Here are some photos of our first encounter in Germany and then back home in Andorra with fancy new number plate and all loaded up with stuff just before heading to Scotland for the rest of the Summer and for some T6 Presents!!!

Show me those likes!!!!!!!!! Gimme that T6 Forum Kudos !!!!!!!!!

IMG_7935.jpgIMG_5208.jpgIMG_3903.jpgF677F91B-096E-4D6C-9E86-E4514FA85A76.JPG

Last edited:
Cockpit view......yes have all the toys!!!! Dynaudio / Sunroof / Parking heater / DCC / Diff locks / Variable Dampers / Memory seats / Folding mirrors / Auto Lights.....

Not much was left off the options list when this mean green machine popped out in Wolfsberg

IMG_1222 2.jpg

And now I am at home in Bonny Scotland of the brave.....the fun begins.....so far Rusty lee swivel on Passenger seat......Cali Bed.....and Wind deflectors.....
En route is 18" Warlord wheels (anyone interested in some perfect condition Casavel wheels) GG AT3 235/55R18 104H tyres....trapeze side bars, Spoiler.

No pop top for me...thanks prefer a sunroof.....this is a stealth camper so the police local in Spain don't force you to a campsite at my favourite kite surf spot.....(they target pop tops)

No lowering for me either......I will leave that to you Southerners where you poop yer pants at the slightest pot hole........plus I want to head to Morocco Kitesurfing someday (post covid nonsense) and need to survive the roads in Scotland (worse than Morocco in places....not kidding)

BDF0975A-56E2-41D4-AF40-B926035F5D85.JPG

And now I am at home in Bonny Scotland of the brave.....the fun begins.....so far Rusty lee swivel on Passenger seat......Cali Bed.....and Wind deflectors.....
En route is 18" Warlord wheels (anyone interested in some perfect condition Casavel wheels) GG AT3 235/55R18 104H tyres....trapeze side bars, Spoiler.

No pop top for me...thanks prefer a sunroof.....this is a stealth camper so the police local in Spain don't force you to a campsite at my favourite kite surf spot.....(they target pop tops)

No lowering for me either......I will leave that to you Southerners where you poop yer pants at the slightest pot hole........plus I want to head to Morocco Kitesurfing someday (post covid nonsense) and need to survive the roads in Scotland (worse than Morocco in places....not kidding)

View attachment 83352

Hi @Andnik.... Welcome to Team Sunroof...it’s a lonely club ...everyone wants to cut holes in there vans ....we sleep in the van but live in the awning/tent.....but I love the driving pleasure with all the light and air a sunroof gives:)

Hi @Andnik.... Welcome to Team Sunroof...it’s a lonely club ...everyone wants to cut holes in there vans ....we sleep in the van but live in the awning/tent.....but I love the driving pleasure with all the light and air a sunroof gives:)
Except when you forget to close it overnight and wake to a flooded T6......yep done that already!!!! should have a rain sensor for auto close!!!

Except when you forget to close it overnight and wake to a flooded T6......yep done that already!!!! should have a rain sensor for auto close!!!
Oh..on mine ..press and hold lock button ...windows close,mirrors lift and park.and sunroof closes and doors lock...I thought they all did that ....if it doesn’t maybe a mod can be done :(

Oh..on mine ..press and hold lock button ...windows close,mirrors lift and park.and sunroof closes and doors lock...I thought they all did that ....if it doesn’t maybe a mod can be done :(
Ahh but what happens when you live in a civilised place where you don't need to lock your car.....or your forgetful like me......auto close would be a good idea......maybe the rain sensor on the windscreen could have another use?

Back