Welcome new members

Hello all, new to any type of forum and just purchased t6, 140 dsg trendline in indium grey, has the multi function wheel
But not so good wheel trims .
Lots of questions to ask and please forgive me if this isn't right area to do so.
But regarding the 3 lower grills in the front bumper, do they simply pop out and if so could anyone please tell me how, reason being want it painting gloss black and the trim bit painted red.
Many thanks
Pete

Roca, thanks very much, was looking at the stuff custom vanz have where I liked the look of the gloss black, but must admit cost a bit, so my local will spray all parts for £120 which will be a saving which I can put towards some decent wheels.

Should really be my wife joining up as our T6 Caravelle is actually her car, replacing a Zafira Tourer. But I guess as I'm paying the rentals it's all the same ;)

Had a look in the colour poll but realised we're not catered for, as we have the red & white Generation Six special edition, and very nice it is too! :)

Picked it up about a week ago, a used demonstrator from the van dealership in Oxford, just over 3k on the clock. And I haven't been allowed to drive it yet (and maybe never will lol)

Should really be my wife joining up as our T6 Caravelle is actually her car, replacing a Zafira Tourer. But I guess as I'm paying the rentals it's all the same ;)

Had a look in the colour poll but realised we're not catered for, as we have the red & white Generation Six special edition, and very nice it is too! :)

Picked it up about a week ago, a used demonstrator from the van dealership in Oxford, just over 3k on the clock. And I haven't been allowed to drive it yet (and maybe never will lol)
Welcome to the club, I've got a similar spec (optioned Exec) 4 motion in white.
I do drive it but have to wrestle the keys off the wife, she won't let me take it to work at all so I only get to drive it at weekends.

Welcome to the club, I've got a similar spec (optioned Exec) 4 motion in white.
I do drive it but have to wrestle the keys off the wife, she won't let me take it to work at all so I only get to drive it at weekends.

We were looking at a couple of used Exec's but the residuals were nowhere near as strong as on the Gen6 - means I'm paying less a month for a more expensive car!

Of course, in 3 years time I'll have an even bigger balloon payment to pay off/refinance, but that's a worry for future-me :)

Welcome @redvers check back to the colour poll later and i will add some more colour options - we just werent expecting posh people this soon :rolleyes:

We were looking at a couple of used Exec's but the residuals were nowhere near as strong as on the Gen6 - means I'm paying less a month for a more expensive car!

Of course, in 3 years time I'll have an even bigger balloon payment to pay off/refinance, but that's a worry for future-me :)
Yep know what you mean, adding options is an expensive business, we were just lucky as our dealer had a delivered van that the buyer cancelled so we picked it up for a song, lots of discount so it came out around the price of a standard exec, made it an easy decision in the end.

Welcome @redvers check back to the colour poll later and i will add some more colour options - we just werent expecting posh people this soon :rolleyes:

Finally, some bloody recognition ;)

Funny thing is, it's a real head turner, so we get lots of approving / jealous looks when we drive past. Our 9yr old girl waves out the window at them as though she's the chuffing queen! Don't think she's figured out privacy glass just yet :)

Yep know what you mean, adding options is an expensive business, we were just lucky as our dealer had a delivered van that the buyer cancelled so we picked it up for a song, lots of discount so it came out around the price of a standard exec, made it an easy decision in the end.

I'm guessing the dealer claimed it as a demo once the buyer cancelled, to at least get some of the money back to repay any deposit! The zafira we had was bought in to the dealership as a demo but never went out because we got in & reserved it - with substantial discount - before anyone else even drove it :)

I still can't work out why our G6 was cheaper than some lower specced Exec's that were on the VW used website. Again it could be because they had it registered as a demonstrator, and thus received some payback from VW. It had all the gadgets required, the space we need, and looks gorgeous! And the fact that there were only 250 in the UK should ensure it holds it's value well :)

Finally, some bloody recognition ;)

Funny thing is, it's a real head turner, so we get lots of approving / jealous looks when we drive past. Our 9yr old girl waves out the window at them as though she's the chuffing queen! Don't think she's figured out privacy glass just yet :)

I'm guessing the dealer claimed it as a demo once the buyer cancelled, to at least get some of the money back to repay any deposit! The zafira we had was bought in to the dealership as a demo but never went out because we got in & reserved it - with substantial discount - before anyone else even drove it :)

I still can't work out why our G6 was cheaper than some lower specced Exec's that were on the VW used website. Again it could be because they had it registered as a demonstrator, and thus received some payback from VW. It had all the gadgets required, the space we need, and looks gorgeous! And the fact that there were only 250 in the UK should ensure it holds it's value well :)
Out of interest have you tried out the chassis control yet?
Sport mode on there and on dsg with 204ps on tap is very entertaining indeed.......followed a boy racer down some B roads today, look on his face priceless when he saw a van still large in his mirrors.

I haven't driven it yet, and maybe never will if the Mrs gets her way lol!

We've only got the 150 not the 204, so probably not quite so sporty... I have suggested that she use S rather than D but she didn't notice much difference around town. Will be different tomorrow when we take it on a long stretch up the motorway!!

Hi all, jumped over from the other forum, this is more like it, much better.
I picked up my T6 140 kombi in November, and been loving it ever since. Not rushing in to any modifications yet, letting the wife come to terms with the price of the van first!
We live in Newquay Cornwall, and the kombi is proving perfect for our needs down here. Only done 6K so far, average mileage is 39.3 at the moment, which I'm happy with.
Going to Busfest in September, hopefully convince the other half that we need to lower the van a bit, and get some 18's or 19's.
Loving all the info on the site, hopefully be able to join a bit. Cheers to all.

@AdeT6kombi love that part of the world I must say and especially Watergate Bay for a bit of surfing and power kiting which will be doing on our annual October half term Cornish holiday. Oh yer also love the pasties but hate the narrow roads.

@AdeT6kombi love that part of the world I must say and especially Watergate Bay for a bit of surfing and power kiting which will be doing on our annual October half term Cornish holiday. Oh yer also love the pasties but hate the narrow roads.
Hi Rob, got married at watergate bay 8 years ago, so we love it too. Actually live the other side of Newquay in Pentire near Fistral beach. There's a lovely pub come restaurant on Pentire headland I can highly recommend, big car park, Lewennick Lodge. And I hear you about the roads, don't do much driving in high season, so not too bad.

Hi all looks really good the new site and a lot more going on than the old one, finally bit the bullet and got there after 12 months of driving a crappy Renault espace to save for new t6 ordered a 180 swb dsg kombi 4motion blackberry with lots of goodies on it last Thursday 4th August and been told will be taking delivery beginning of September cannot wait my first brand spanker

Back