Welcome new members

Hi Guys - it's been a while! A combination of being so busy at work plus losing interest/frustrations on the other side kept me away I'm afraid :( But great to see this new forum appear and hopefully be here more often.

I'm 8.5k miles in now and no problems to report:)

Oh and I'm another year older so it's Simmo49 now! :)

Hello there! Do we get updates on your garage now?

Hi all, first post here. Have been lurking and reading on 'the other forum' but thought I'd post in here also. Venturing into my first 'van' ownership experience and although have not taken delivery yet, it looks like I will be avoiding some of the horrendous waits some are experiencing.

Ordered my T6 kombi Highline 5th May for a Sept 1st delivery. This is an individual order, not part of a fleet.

Got order confirmation and informed 'on route to dealer' mid June, estimated time to dealer is mid July so they are going to have to hold it for me for a while. I don't want it early as want on 66 plate and it is also replacing my current car which gets returned on beginning September.

Spec as ordered-

140 Euro 5 6 speed in Backberry. Has been automatically upgraded to Euro 6 150

Front and rear parking sensors

Discovery Sat nav

Heated seats

removable tow bar

Single front passenger seat and 2 + 1 in rear

Plans for future are carpeting and insulating rear, probs swivel seat retro-fit and lowered and uprated wheels. Heart says 40mm drop on 20" rims, head says 18", we'll see!
Will be doing close to 30k miles a year and is a replacement for an Audi A5, so I hope all the reports of car-like comfort turn out to be true as I've not even test-driven one yet!

Nice one fella, blackberry is defo the colour. If you're thinking of swivels buy them now £96 option for both seats? Radio you need App connect.

Nice one fella, blackberry is defo the colour. If you're thinking of swivels buy them now £96 option for both seats? Radio you need App connect.
It was a toss up between the Blackberry and the Indium grey. I have only saw the Blackberry in pictures as they are incredibly rare in Scotland it would seem. I didn't bother speccing app connect as I'd heard mixed reviews about it being laggy and would I be right in saying it is more suited to the Android platform? I prefer the iphone myself.
Unfortunately my van is already built so it will need to be aftermarket but £96 for the pair is a bargain.

Media control is good too can work media inc sat nav from any device in the van.
The wifi is handy when away, must be a boosted/better aerial, I could get 4G most places even when mobile struggled to get 3G

Hi Pauly
Just come over from the dark side. Thanks for your bulb changing list, fitted new fog light bulbs WOW the difference is amazing.

Welcome, hope you enjoy the new forum
I much prefer them to the yellow OEM lamps

It's on the dark side, don't you dare - when you cross the line there's no going back,
it wasn't about physically changing them it was the links to Philips lamps I bought to replace yellow head & fog lights

Its great to see a well thought out forum, I had been on the "other one" but found it had become very stagnant.
I will have to get some photos of my 140 DSG Blackberry van once I have cleaned it,
after Camperjam and then a trip to Inverness its looking a little grubby.
Well done for starting this forum.

Indeedy, should be a nice indium grey 150 Euro 6 Kombi, must be one of the first of its type off the line.

Back