Welcome new members

Evening ladies and gents.

Thought it was time I hit the forums for some last minute revision before pulling the trigger on my new van.

I've had many VW's and always fancied a transporter but since starting our new business earlier this year and leaving full time employment for the first time in 18 years at the same time to take a contract position it is time.

We were on the cusp of putting an order in with Leightons Vans but I think we're now going to be getting a mother of pearl T32 6 seat kombi, 150 high line with DSG.
We're going for the Swiss suspension, front splitter, wheels, rear spoiler, chrome side and roof bars and leather.

Lastly we're going to be doing a bottom half wrap (plus mirrors, handles and spoiler) in bright orange and possibly doing white walls on the tyres.

Is there anything you guys would say is a must have?
Ours will be a family run about, camper and frequently used to carry toolkits and ladders for home automation installs.

Cheers guys

Hi All
First, thank you all for sharing you knowledge with non technical newbie like me, the forum is fantastic repository of knowledge.
We "own" motability T6 velle SE DSG 150 SWB. We have 3 kids and our middle one is disabled which was the reason to go with the brand new motability van with Autolift fitted @the back.
We previously had second hand T5 exec 07 reg velle, all bells and whistles fitted (leather, auto sliding doors) however she didn't have a lift(our son was little hence fitting lift wasn't essential back then), mechanical issues were appearing. great car in general- my wife describes it as the best car in the world!
Additionally we couldn't afford the situation where she-velle breaks during our long travels to continent.
Current T6 is perfect although we had to pay little extra to make it perfect and STANDARD for us: F/B parking sensors !!! (not in standard spec -ridiculous!!!), cruise control, 17 alloy wheels-my other half almost kicked me out for that!!! and really dark privacy glass-fitted by motability provider - so far happy with it. I wish i had LED front lights however when i looked @ the price.....!!!!! appalling VW politics!!! at least she has H7 no H4 :) -sorry to all T6 owners with poor front lights, VW must be punished for that!!!
There are few things i would never do to motability velle like fitted standard carpets, if i had a choice i would get aluminium flooring (one of the 4motion adventure version has one can't remember which one) and detachable tow bar for bike rack and maybe parking camera - i don't think i can retrofit thise 2 things now.
To summarize, velle is a great car, much better than t5, quieter more refined- although i would expect more soft touch plastics for the price-maybe there is a reason why she hasn't got them?
P.S. apropos detachable to w bar bike rack: Is it true that the standard VW bike rack rubs paintwork?-i have heard that from one of the experienced VW T5 owner.
sorry for emotions loaded post but i easily get excited when i talk about her- T6 ;)

Welcome @KEDSKI good to hear you are enjoying you new van and a nice write up
FYI the detachable tow bar and reverse camera can be retrofitted with out too much bother I have done both to my van, both require wiring to be run around van so not a 5 minute job

crikey, life moves on apace and now our Startline VW has been supplanted by a rather groovy Highline 2016 T6 Euro5 metallic chestnut brown 140 HP van....this don't half get expensive quickly, however I'm pretty certain I would have regretted the Startline in a short space of time ...and you're a long time dead....

A place for new members to stop by and say hello, tell us what your driving or planning to drive & anything else you want to share.
Hi to all . i new on this , have used t5 forums few times before to npick some helpfully information as i driving transporters past 10 years , currently own t6 t32 204 dsg with full ABT body kit ,
its fantastic to drive with one condition, have gearbox oil leak twice so far ,

first time been find by vw main dealer health check when ask them to change engine oil after i done first 1000 miles , fix on warranty no problem and as i been drive very gently that first 1000 . leak no worry me to much , but now when i have done another 7000 miles and find massive oil leak start thinking if this box will last me some time , same vw garage have van for 2 days so far and just told me they to busy to look whats happen there , its any one off you would advice if i shut ask for new gearbox as we dont know when this start leaking and how much oil lost there ??
thanks

Welcome @Maniol , sorry to hear about your oil leaks. There are a couple of guys here with the ABT kit, make sure you get some pictures of it posted up, and say hi in the Team ABT area of the forum.
As to the gearbox, you may struggle to get the gearbox replaced, but I would definitely push for it to be thoroughly inspected. If nothing else make sure the dealers record this fault on the vehicles file, so that a gearbox issue at a later date can be attributed to this.

Hi everyone, I'm picking up my new toy later today. I've gone for the Euro5 140 4Motion Highline SWB in Blackberry. My first job is fitting a removable towbar. From reading posts on here, that is going to be fun but I have the 'Right Connections' kit rather than the Westfalia one so I'm hoping it's not going to be too much of a pain! I'll then be paying someone else to fit side and rear tinted windows so that the hounds get some daylight. Springs and wheels are on the wish list too, but nothing too bling.

Does anyone know if Carista will turn on the trailer function?

Mark

Hi all, I didn't see this thread so I'm sorry for not introducing myself earlier!
My van is a 2017 204 dsg highline t32 lwb in blackberry.
Came with towbar prep I've fitted the bar and westfaila electrics kit but the local dealers aren't able to code it apparently they can't find the towbar module under the seat on their computer, it is definitely fitted as I checked the module part number they've tried twice now with no joy - anyone know what's needed or got vcds near Ipswich?
I'm really pleased with the van other than ongoing engine problems which I've posted about previously so won't go into it here.
Aston

Hi all
First post to the forum, had my T6 Kombi for around 11 months, blue T32 highline 140.
Modifications to date have been addition of van style roof and side bars, kiravans double seat swivel and home made osb kombi bed (will post some pics when i can figure out how it works!).
Looking for some tech advice... just bought a kiravans table leg which needs attaching to the floor and pillar inside the sliding door... first thought was to drill and self tap for the top bracket but aware that the fuel line is somewhere under this column... does anyone have any experience with this? whats the best way to attach and how much clearance is there behind the column before hitting something critical?

Cheers

QUESTION: I HAVEN'T GOT VW T6 Engine Cover (velle SE DSG)is that normal? I know it is a bit of plastic but it costs £80, and i am anal about the details! cheers

Someone else with an SE said the same so im guessing its only the execs that get them
If you would like me to check private message me your VRN or VIN number and i will run it through the system and see if it shows on ETKA as a fitted part to your vehicle

Met a bloke at my sailing club today who had brought some kids and boats up for the Optimist Open competition today. Saw him as he was loading up, driving an Indium Grey California Beach 17 plate. Asked if he was on the forum, he told me he was on the VW California Club; told him to look us up and join a decent group;). So hopefully I've recruited an Indium Grey California Beach from Newbury. :thumbsup:.

Hi all,

This is my first post just wanted to say Hi! I am about to pick up a lwb Kombi 4motion dog one for Team Blackberry. Will post some pictures when I pick it up, it has the elusive comfort dash thing and I think it may be one of the last Blackberry vans produced. Feeling very lucky to get it! Hope its better than my Amarok!!

Met a bloke at my sailing club today who had brought some kids and boats up for the Optimist Open competition today. Saw him as he was loading up, driving an Indium Grey California Beach 17 plate. Asked if he was on the forum, he told me he was on the VW California Club; told him to look us up and join a decent group;). So hopefully I've recruited an Indium Grey California Beach from Newbury. :thumbsup:.
Have to keep an eye out for him, that not far from me

Back