Welcome new members

Hi all - new to the forum so thought I would say hello ! I am one of those annoying wavers at other camper vans so apologies !
We bought Eddie in April and have been using him almost every (long) weekend, spending as little money as possible utilising car parks and laybys etc.
We hired for a few weeks before we took the plunge - we now call it retirement training !
Love how easy it is to work on the T5 - using the search facility on here I already found out why my fans only worked on full !!! And how I fix the centre console fans not working !!
Need to find a good body shop in Hampshire (recommendations anyone?) for the chips that are not apparent in the images posted here - these are part of the advert that prompted us to buy it so they are well hidden.
Air con will be on the list - again if I can find anyone to answer my emails !
Will add pics later

Reactions: CAB
Hi all. Looking at a getting a 2018 plate which I believe is a T6. It has the 204bhp engine with 83k on the clock. It looks quite tidy. And for just short of £27k. Is this a good price and what should I be looking out for? It drove well. Is it easy to convert the passenger seat into a 2 person seat?

View attachment 204146
Don't know about the price.

Easy to swap, will get plenty of offers for a single passenger seat, they can go for a grand.

But check the airbag, if it was a single factory seat it will only have a single passenger airbag, not a two-person.

Sorry T4! Its not you, and its not me...........its Sadiq Khan (Idiot!)
Hello T6 Forum! Nice to meet you all!

150 SWB Highline Transporter Starlight Blue

Hi,

just joined the site after doing some ‘lurking’. Have had a caravan and until last year a static. Looking at getting VW van next year now and am doing my research. Tickets booked to the NEC show in October and if anyone else has any suggestions for shows then they’ll be gratefully received, as will any advice. FWIW I’m looking at buying from a dealer. Thank you.

Hi,

just joined the site after doing some ‘lurking’. Have had a caravan and until last year a static. Looking at getting VW van next year now and am doing my research. Tickets booked to the NEC show in October and if anyone else has any suggestions for shows then they’ll be gratefully received, as will any advice. FWIW I’m looking at buying from a dealer. Thank you.
Welcome to the forum.

The NEC is usually a great show, but my advice would be to take your own food/drink supplies - the food-halls get very busy, are very expensive and serve poor quality food. Also, wear comfy footwear!

Morning All. Thanks for the add. Been researching a custom build for a while now. Keep flip flopping between T6, Transit or a Trafic and have finally settled on a VW. Looking to build a full width bed, minimal furniture, day van type setup. Currently looking at base vans to buy and would appreciate any advice. Prefer a highline spec and probably a 150bhp engine but advice and experience much appreciated.

Hi I’m new here, however I’ve owned my T5.1 Highline Bluemotion Tech Kombi manual in red for over 5 years. Pretty much nothing has gone wrong just regular service, mot,s ect.
I met a guy with a newer version maybe T6/6.1 that had a lot of Leighton styling ,wheels , lowered suspension, splitter, roof bars, side bars ect,ect. I phoned Leighton and they don’t offer much for my t5.1. Is there any other recommended companies that do facelift work? I’m based in chesterfield.

A place for new members to stop by and say hello, tell us what your driving or planning to drive & anything else you want to share.

If you wish to post a question or discuss something specific please visit the appropriate sub forum. You may find your question has already been ask, so a search is always recommended.

If you wish to sell or place a wanted advert within our classified sub-forum, then you’ll need to upgrade your free account to a VIP account by clicking here.

The forum rules can be found by clicking here whilst FAQ’s on using the forum can be found here.
Hi everyone

Joined the forum this week and already spending…… but also already resolved a starter motor problem. Both purchase and problem fixed with thanks to @F2JON

I’ve just brought my first ever van. 2018 T6 Factory Kombi. Highline. Loving life so far.

Back