Welcome new members

Blimey!! Did you order it with the unobtanium upgrade?? Or are they hunting around the factory for dilithium crystals?
I think I ordered both of the above ,but I think it was the flux capacitor that was on back order.

Hello all,
I am new to this forum, and recently new to VW transporter vehicles. I am hoping to share and take on board as much information as I can. Very happy at the moment to browse the vast array of threads and topics.

Hello all,
I am new to this forum, and recently new to VW transporter vehicles. I am hoping to share and take on board as much information as I can. Very happy at the moment to browse the vast array of threads and topics.
Welcome @Millsi I only joined up yesterday evening, and since then have not got off the forum, just can't believe how much you can learn all in one place. Encyclopaedia Britannia eat your heart out! What you driving? Get some pictures posted and what ever colour it is, join team white, cos we all know that every van is a white one trying to get out.

Welcome @Millsi I only joined up yesterday evening, and since then have not got off the forum, just can't believe how much you can learn all in one place. Encyclopaedia Britannia eat your heart out! What you driving? Get some pictures posted and what ever colour it is, join team white, cos we all know that every van is a white one trying to get out.
Thanks for the warm welcome DaveyB.
Not team white I'm afraid. I went with the indium grey . It's a high line T28 panel van.
It arrived with tow bar fitted, ply lined, double passenger front seat with storage, heated and folding mirrors, heated front screen and 17 inch cascavel loys.
I have since added rear spoiler ( for barn doors ) front and rear mud flaps and vw stainless angled side bars. ( I was surprised to discover the side bars come complete with led down lighters when van is unlocked. )
I will post some pictures when I get a chance,

:waving::slow rofl:Another one for team grey. Welcome @Millsi. BTW, did you fit genuine VW mudflaps? I've got a set to go on but can't bring myself to drill the rear bumper. :(

:waving::slow rofl:Another one for team grey. Welcome @Millsi. BTW, did you fit genuine VW mudflaps? I've got a set to go on but can't bring myself to drill the rear bumper. :(
Hi Walski,
Yes, I got the dealer to fit genuine vw mud flaps. Front pair are small and neat and give plenty of protection to the side bars. Rear pair are set back from the wheel arch by about 100mm and have two screw / bolt heads showing on each protector. I think they give a nice finished look. I think they were £86 per pair. Parts department reckon the rear set differ depending on what type of rear door the vehicle has!

Led down lights on the side bars you say..... hmmmm that changes things!! I could be heading that way I think!!

Led down lights on the side bars you say..... hmmmm that changes things!! I could be heading that way I think!!
Yes, they look great. They are in the VW Accessories book ( February 2016 ) Part number ZGB7H0071692. [ Short Wheel Base ]
they are 398.40 inc vat supply only and dealer fit price of £480.00 inc vat. Angled side bars. Polished for SWB
I think they are available in black too!

I have seen the chrome angled side bars but it does not say anything about LED lights in them? @Pauly did say he thinks they were coming maybe for the sportsline, also the last time i asked asked my dealer he said the black was not available yet? all interesting info :)

Hey up @Millsi that looks a lot like a T5 style rear spoiler, in that it wraps around the edges of the rear doors more than the OEM T6 version, as well as it having the depression in the middle. Where did you get it from?

Oh, and the backdrop ain't all that bad either! Quite a feet to drag the rock outcropping nearer to the van when you'd spun the vehicle round! That's some proper Bruce Almighty thing you got going on.

Hey up @Millsi that looks a lot like a T5 style rear spoiler, in that it wraps around the edges of the rear doors more than the OEM T6 version, as well as it having the depression in the middle. Where did you get it from?

Oh, and the backdrop ain't all that bad either! Quite a feet to drag the rock outcropping nearer to the van when you'd spun the vehicle round! That's some proper Bruce Almighty thing you got going on.
Hi DaveyB
All the parts are from VW dealership in Carlisle. I thought the T5 and T6 rear spoiler were exactly the same for a twin barn door vehicle. Please correct me if I am wrong, but it cost me £200 ( primed only )

I have seen the chrome angled side bars but it does not say anything about LED lights in them? @Pauly did say he thinks they were coming maybe for the sportsline, also the last time i asked asked my dealer he said the black was not available yet? all interesting info :)
Hello StudleyGlass
I will post the exact part number of the side bars,as it appears on the invoice.
Again, all parts sourced from Lookers Volkswagen Van Centre.
VZGB 7H0 071. 69 / 327842/T6 Polished. S

Hi DaveyB
All the parts are from VW dealership in Carlisle. I thought the T5 and T6 rear spoiler were exactly the same for a twin barn door vehicle. Please correct me if I am wrong, but it cost me £200 ( primed only )
Maybe they are, I don't know. It just looks better than the one for the tailgate T6 model. I do know that the T5 barn door and tailgate versions had the same style spoiler, whereas the T6 spoilers I have looked at for the tailgate are massively different. Thanks anyway.

image.jpeg
Maybe they are, I don't know. It just looks better than the one for the tailgate T6 model. I do know that the T5 barn door and tailgate versions had the same style spoiler, whereas the T6 spoilers I have looked at for the tailgate are massively different. Thanks anyway.

I ordered my swb kombi highline 204 on the 27th July. Looks like it might arrive next week if I'm lucky.
It is my company car so went with Cape vans who seemed to give the best no nonsense monthly price.
Hi did it arrive how many weeks on order? I ordered my 204 Kombi highline 20 Sept no build date yet (2 Nov)

Back