Welcome new members

hey all,
just joined, last year i brougt a 65 plate T6 startline to convert never done anything like this before so unfortunately for you guys i probably gonna have loads of questions.

cheers Wayne

Reactions: CAB
Hi, 2 weeks on, since the first time of writing. Definitely a T5 but registered 17th June 2016.
Side steps are on, nothing like the 30 minutes in a youtube installer said. Having said that, did clean well, and wax oiled, everywhere I could get to to. Took about 2 hours to do each side. A battery wrench would have been a god send. Fitting the front bonnet shield not so easy, widened the holes to give a little more tolerance, now stand quite high, so have to get longer bolts. The undershield arrived, 3 goes at fitting and was way, way to big. So that's going back as the picker must have had off day. Eventually got the seats loose, and removed the middle row at 25KG a seat. But boy, those German fitters must be big lads as the rear 3 seater is a whopping 80KG ( so the bathroom scales say).
Checking out some roof rails, single passenger seat ( yeah I know good luck with that, LOL ). Also believe it has a a diesel heater fitted but not working, or maybe a fuse, if I'm really lucky. Interesting threads on the quality of wood and thickness for flooring and walls. Set myself a deadline / target of June 1st.

hey all,
just joined, last year i brougt a 65 plate T6 startline to convert never done anything like this before so unfortunately for you guys i probably gonna have loads of questions.

cheers Wayne
Welcome! Plenty of build threads on here, then do Google site-specific searches. If in doubt, just ask!

Oh, and pics please! We love pics, both before, during and after :think smile bounce:

Hi, 2 weeks on, since the first time of writing. Definitely a T5 but registered 17th June 2016.
Side steps are on, nothing like the 30 minutes in a youtube installer said. Having said that, did clean well, and wax oiled, everywhere I could get to to. Took about 2 hours to do each side. A battery wrench would have been a god send. Fitting the front bonnet shield not so easy, widened the holes to give a little more tolerance, now stand quite high, so have to get longer bolts. The undershield arrived, 3 goes at fitting and was way, way to big. So that's going back as the picker must have had off day. Eventually got the seats loose, and removed the middle row at 25KG a seat. But boy, those German fitters must be big lads as the rear 3 seater is a whopping 80KG ( so the bathroom scales say).
Checking out some roof rails, single passenger seat ( yeah I know good luck with that, LOL ). Also believe it has a a diesel heater fitted but not working, or maybe a fuse, if I'm really lucky. Interesting threads on the quality of wood and thickness for flooring and walls. Set myself a deadline / target of June 1st.
Think you mean it's a Euro 5 not T 5 it's a T6 but not Euro 6 isn't it oh now I've got confused

Morning all!!
After many years of procrastination, research and web trawling. I've begun my adventure with an 18 plate t6 kombi. I've spent too long designing the back and never thought of the front. I've still got to get to grips with the dash layout and get used to the dsg box. But I'm sure I'll be ready, post lockdown to take the kids on some adventures
PSX_20210322_062351.jpg

Afternoon everyone...just wanted to drop in an say hi before I start the inevitable journey of asking questions which have been asked a hundred times before! I promise to search before posting!
2017 - LWB Highline panel van. There's too much going on in my head regarding plans for this - so I'll start with a couple of ideas.

Sound deaden, insulate and carpet - after I've taken the bulk head out. Floor and roof included.
Music - probably upgrade the doors, maybe put in A pillar tweeters and mids, and then a sub or too - either over the wheel arches or top left and right of the tailgate.
Something to make carrying mountain bikes easy - probably hub mounts on a plate toward the back of the van.
Bed.
Wheels and suspension - and maybe a splitter up front.

Right now I'm trying to work out how to manage the floor - it'll have holes from the ply lining - so no doubt I'll need to rust treat it (even though it's galvanised? ...and maybe fill before doing anything else.

Forum looks great - looking forward to getting stuck in!

Here's a "Hello" from another newbie. Definitely not new to VW's (VAG's), but have never had a van before. I'm hopefully picking up a 2019 T6 Highline (150bhp with 7 speed DSG) this Friday. It has already been converted (4 seater, with poptop and Rib Altair bed etc.). Really looking forward to the experience. Have spent a while looking through the forum - looks to be a great set up, also looking forward to spending some time on here!

Here's a "Hello" from another newbie. Definitely not new to VW's (VAG's), but have never had a van before. I'm hopefully picking up a 2019 T6 Highline (150bhp with 7 speed DSG) this Friday. It has already been converted (4 seater, with poptop and Rib Altair bed etc.). Really looking forward to the experience. Have spent a while looking through the forum - looks to be a great set up, also looking forward to spending some time on here!
Yo welcome dude, Gratz on the van, look forward to some pics

Thanks - if all goes well, I'll post up some pics at the weekend. Something I never thought I'd say, but really excited about having a van!!
You will find its not just a van its a way of life and your journey starts soon :grin bounce:
:mexican wave:

Just joined today .... and my "experience" is evidently still on the docks at Grimsby! I think this must be nearing my 30th vehicle I've owned through my lifetime and it's certainly one that is probably the most exciting. Managed to get hold of a new T6 Kombi and I think this one might stay for a good while ... is it too soon to start planning for the kids to get to Uni so we can swap out the rear seats for a future conversion?

Hi all, just joined in anticipation of picking my T6 transporter up tomorrow :) Thought it would be a while before I would have enough money again to fit a bed but just read through the £99 Ikea bed thread and camping might begin earlier than expected. Excited :somersault:

Hi all, just joined in anticipation of picking my T6 transporter up tomorrow :) Thought it would be a while before I would have enough money again to fit a bed but just read through the £99 Ikea bed thread and camping might begin earlier than expected. Excited :somersault:
This was how excited I was..... :grin bounce: Welcome ....:)

Welcome Cynthia gratz on getting a T6, Yeah that bed looks ok for sure :thumbsup:

Hi All,
Just joined and come out of the shadows. Current van a 2008 2.5TDI with 210k and have put down a deposit on a new T6 4 motion.
Now the 6 month wait for a factory order begins

Hi All,
Just joined and come out of the shadows. Current van a 2008 2.5TDI with 210k and have put down a deposit on a new T6 4 motion.
Now the 6 month wait for a factory order begins
Welcome mate, ooh that’s gonna be a long six months.
Well worth the wait though:)

Hi everyone,
New member from Spain. We have a Caravelle T6.1 .102CV . Currently building our bed and a nice floor. I will upload pics when it's ready.
Of course if anyone needs me for a question, travel info etc do not hesitate contact.

KR

Hi everyone,
New member from Spain. We have a Caravelle T6.1 .102CV . Currently building our bed and a nice floor. I will upload pics when it's ready.
Of course if anyone needs me for a question, travel info etc do not hesitate contact.

KR
Hey welcome mate, good to see you here, look forward to the pics :thumbsup:

Back