Webasto Overhead Control Panel.

So... does anyone know IF I can buy the overhead panel and make it work with a diesel heater like the Webasto Air Top 2000 or similar?
Hi...
I appreciate that this is an old "Post", but were you ever able to source this control unit and did you manage to install and manage, operate it to your satisfaction?
I own a T5 Caravelle, with the Webasto Engine Coolant Heater installed and working, but with no operator controls????
I would like to be able to operate the Webasto at my convenience, hence the question.
Thank you,
Regards.

I would like to be able to operate the Webasto at my convenience, hence the question.

Have a look here - either using a remote or/and an overhead control panel:

T5 Caravelle, with the Webasto Engine Coolant Heater
Ahhh, just realized ... on T5 the heater + its' attachments are different ones... anyways the principles above still apply - a remote and/or a control panel.

Ahhh, just realized ... on T5 the heater + its' attachments are different ones... anyways the principles above still apply - a remote and/or a control panel.
Hi...
Thank you for replying.
My T5 Caravelle has a Webasto and, it all works, which I was very pleased to discover last Winter!
Unfortunately, I have no control panel fitted, just the blank, where I assume it will fit.
Just wondered if the wiring loom for the Webasto control would be insitu behind the Blank?
Also, I understand the vehicle software will need to be adjusted, upgraded, to accept the control commands for the Webasto.
There is a company in Bournemouth who will upgrade and fit the remote system, but do I need the in car Control Panel fitted to allow the remote operation?
Looking on the VW Transporter related Forums, there seems to be a niche, waiting for someone, wrt Webasto operation upgrades and issues!
Thanks again,
Regards.

if the wiring loom for the Webasto control would be insitu behind the Blank?
I'm pretty sure there is nothing for this. VW doesn't install anything extra :mad:

do I need the in car Control Panel fitted to allow the remote operation?
Up here the T5 always has control panel for Webasto, and as an option a remote. I don't know if there's any problem to install just a remote controller on T5 heater - for T6 it works just fine.

What's the type of the Webasto (sticker on driver door)? What model year is the van?
1595270626192.png?

Hi...
My Van is a 2012 Caravelle Exec. BiTDi DSG 4Motion, the Webasto sticker on my door frame, is exactly the same as the one posted, except, mine is a 12v / 26W.
I was hoping, I could buy the parts I required and then 'Plug & Play', but I didn't take into account the software adjustment.
I may have to contact "Advanced In-Car Technologies", and ask for their advice (cost)
Thanks again for your help.
Regards.

Reactions: mmi
Back