Thanks again @Robert.
Can you shed any light on the differences between 5001 and 5101?

Lastly, if I want to use VCDS can I buy a 'cheap' cable off eBay and use VCDS-Lite for coding this particular function?
Why did you mention these two coding values?
5001 and 5101?

Byte 0 (bit 4 activated & bit 5 deactivated)- enables remote control via Telestart
so this means that your original coding 4101 should be changed to 5101.

Reactions: mmi
Why did you mention these two coding values?
5001 and 5101?

Byte 0 (bit 4 activated & bit 5 deactivated)- enables remote control via Telestart
so this means that your original coding 4101 should be changed to 5101.

I found two different posts where both the values were mentioned.
I'll give 5101 a try.

Thanks again @Robert you are a frikin genius.
I managed to find my way through the labyrinth of ODIS-S settings and found the right screen. I'll also need to clear a dozen or so faults that were logged when I drove round the block after unplugging three of the connectors under the passenger seat :rofl:

So guess what, it's working and I had to laugh out loud when the fans clicked on after a few mins as if by magic.

Thanks again.

Oh and if anyone needs the wiring kit I have a spare Kufatec cable (the one from receiver to power/ground/green-white).

IMG_4391.jpg

Hi all.

Finally managed to get a hold of VCP to flash my heater. Flashing via VCP was rather straight forward, following the steps in section 8 of the manual. Did the coding using VCDS.

So my installation is almost complete. Telestart is mounted on its clip under the dash. Does any one have any recommendations on where to route the antenna cable for best signal strength? Do you know where it's run on the factory installation @mmi?

IMG_4434.jpeg

Thanks to everyone who has shared information on how to do this modification!

Last edited:
Does any one have any recommendations on where to route the antenna cable for best signal strength? Do you know where it's run on the factory installation @mmi?
I think VW has done fairly good decision locating the antenna high up in left door (LHD), effectively just behind door glass. Mine has heated windscreen which probably would block radio communication if installed in the dash.
Webasto_remote_antenna_door_b1.jpg

I like OEM approach very much so but in the aspect of this antenna I was very lazy and left it looped under passenger seat.
Remote works no problems over pretty significant distance but I never measured the actual max distance though.

This is one of the best mods I have done to the van, just recently I’ve been running the heater for longer than normal and I think there is an auto switch off on a timer? It seems to run for 2 hours maximum. I’m pretty sure it’s not the low battery voltage monitoring kicking in as I can always turn it on again. Is there a way to modify this? I just need it to run for 3 hours

My impression is 140 minutes is the maximum - at least it is shown through overhead control panel.
However, never tried to alter these adaptation channels in the module 18.
1606040255718.png

EDIT: Checked the overhead panel (module 6E) - with the settings in the Webasto above - maximum I can set is 120 minutes. Perhaps it's limited in the overhead panel, too.

Last edited:
According to Telestart manual

max time is 120 minutes.

So... might be possible to increase that through adaption channels?
Yes, but if you are using TELESTART remote and not overhead timer I would suspect that you will be limited to 120 minutes anyways.

Now that my Telestart and heater is working a few new questions have cropped up. The manual says that there should be feedback on the keyfob (short blink every 2 secs) when the heater is running.
Mine doesn’t seem to do that but it does signal ‘on’ with a 2 sec long green light and ‘off’ with a 2 sec red. I have the square type keyfob.

Should I be concerned or look into it? The feedback to show that the heater is running would be convenient.

Now that my Telestart and heater is working a few new questions have cropped up. The manual says that there should be feedback on the keyfob (short blink every 2 secs) when the heater is running.
Mine doesn’t seem to do that but it does signal ‘on’ with a 2 sec long green light and ‘off’ with a 2 sec red. I have the square type keyfob.

Should I be concerned or look into it? The feedback to show that the heater is running would be convenient.
I have oval fob and mine behaves exactly the same way. "Long green" LED is successful "fire up" confirmation and "long red" LED is "proper shutdown " confirmation.
This setup works perfectly to me and even to my wife:D.

As @Robert above, the VW OEM keyfob (both oval and square) does only confirm with one long (2s) green/red light heater fire up or shutdown. No blinking after that.

Same with mine so I would say that is normal

Yes, but if you are using TELESTART remote and not overhead timer I would suspect that you will be limited to 120 minutes anyways.

Ah, ok, so the Telestart module drops the signal after 120 minutes ?

Ah, ok, so the Telestart module drops the signal after 120 minutes ?
I suppose we all understand principles of wireless transmission but in this case remote sends start and stop signals only plus receives confirmation (success or fail) immediately after pressing the fob button. So the limit is the maximum time setting in the Telestart receiver only which keeps the AUX heater running via LIN-Bus. Maybe there is possibility to extend this max time?

Last edited:
So the limit is the maximum time setting in the Telestart receiver only which keeps the AUXheater running via LIN-Bus.
I have thought the telestart receiver only triggers the heater, and heater internally has the timer to run. My thought is just based on that I set the heater run time (for remote operation) from the overhead control panel. Thought it would be too complicated to transfer that through the heater via LIN bus to remote receiver... but there has been quite a few surprises having a closer look into T6 internals.

Needless to say that having T6 was much easier without VCDS :geek: ...and the Forum :waving:

T91 max time is 120 minutes, cannot be increased over that.
T100 HTM max time is C5 which isn't converted to minutes in any documentation! ( But is 120 mins ) You have an indication of the fact that the heater is operating in the display.

Timing is all dealt with by the receiver not the heater.
Using the T100 HTM is a lot more preferable to using the blind remotes ( T60 - T91) and satisfies the need for yet another gadget. :) I am surprised that everyone is still plugging away with the old ones for their heaters. I wouldn't be without mine although it doesn't get much use. I might have fitted a Thermocall TC4 if I had a mobile phone!
Untitled 666.jpg

Back