Water in tail gate

I have the same, water in drivers foot well and its looking like its going inside door and out the bottom, my window rubber moves away from glass very slightly at front inch or two and i suspect this is the entry point but i will let VW decide
This sort of thing makes me nervous of removing my stick on VW wind deflectors and fitting the in-channel climairs; a "get out of jail free" given straight to the dealer f.o.c,.,thank you very much... if you have any water penetration in the doors:(

Last edited:
we had a lot of rain down here in Dorset last night and when I opened the tailgate at work today I could hear water moving around inside . It has drain holes in the bottom but they had plastics plugs in them . I removed them and the water came out so . Could someone with a tailgate have a look please and see if they have the plugs . I will pop the inside panel off at the weekend and see if I can find how it getting in and if not I will need to take it to the dealers .
Thanks
I had the same problem water in the tailgate. I shut the tailgate and half of the seal round the high leaflet brake light fell out. Perished rubber. Took it in and had a new light unit and seal fitted. Now have a dry tailgate.

My Scenic's under floor lockers filled with water, I kid you not, evidently from the roof gutter pipe getting blocked with stuff. This was with both a 1998 and 2003 models.....bit of a surprise, also filled the former's sill with water☹️

It more reminded me when driving, especially in stop start conditions, of being on the water with the slap of water on the hull! Thought I was hearing things when they first filled up and this sound of water in my ears whilst driving along. Most odd.

Back