Water dripping from behind glove box

axle_18s

Water is dripping from behind the glove box on my 2016 T6. I removed the glove box for access and found an unusually large amount of condensation accumulating on the bottom of the HVAC unit. Any ideas what might be causing this? 5ADD3152-24EF-4AB1-95C4-912FACAFF4D5.jpeg

Lol yeah, in your picture the little pipe part at the bottom of the matrix that pokes through the bulk head

right on! Cheers fellas. I didn’t think it would be that easy!

What’s the easiest way to unblock it?

Has it got a rubber hose onto the bottom of unit if so take it off and poke a bit of wire through towards the bulk head gently if you have a pipe cleaner poke up into the matrix nothing too hard though

I Think I may have found what was causing the issue. The outlet on the other side of the bulkhead, in the engine bay was pinched closed. It had been pushed down between the bulkhead and the engine bay lining! 27880252-2E5B-4B6C-8225-6CE3E7C9345C.jpeg

Yes if you run the AC it will drip inside the engine bay and will accumulate a little on the floor when you park up

Yes if you run the AC it will drip inside the engine bay and will accumulate a little on the floor when you park up
Hi. We have a t6 recently converted. Just had a new resistor fitted and blower working again. But ... have had the aircon on for 45 mins to check it out and have a puddle already.... whilst driving. Also feels like water behind glove box. Is this normal? Any suggestions? Thanks

Checked the drain/outlet isn’t blocked
Sorry for delay responding! I am trying to remove the black plastic facia panel to see what’s going on behind … but don’t want to just tug and can’t see any obvious clips or screws. Any help gratefully received before I go in heavy handed!

Has it got a rubber hose onto the bottom of unit if so take it off and poke a bit of wire through towards the bulk head gently if you have a pipe cleaner poke up into the matrix nothing too hard though
Hope it’s ok to join this thread; I’ve got a hole in this rubber hose/ grommet just inside the van. Do you know how or where I might be able to source a new one? I can’t find one anywhere online.

Hiya I've got quite a significant drip coming out of that little funnel. Leaves quite a puddle when I park. But the AC isn't on. Is this a concern? Mean the same pic from axl S

Have you had this switch on to defrost the front windscreen, this will bring on the air-conditioning. 20221113_163852.jpg

Back