Water collecting on twin slider bottom channel

Jonni2rets

VIP Member
T6 Pro
When it rains and I open the sliding doors, loads of water comes flooding out of the channel the bottom slider sits in is this normal? If I don’t open the doors it will sit there till I do

I am not “the authority” on declaring if this is normal or not, but I have never had water run out of any part of the sliding door or its bottom rail.

I can’t quite imagine how it gets in there but it doesn’t sound right to me.

Yep mine does the same, my drive is on a slope with the front end lower than the rear, I thought it was normal lol

My drive slopes, van parked nose down and never had any water come out of the sliding door!

VW OEM sliding windows - they’re another matter though since cleaning the rubbers and applying Autoglym vinyl and rubber seem ok.

I am not “the authority” on declaring if this is normal or not, but I have never had water run out of any part of the sliding door or its bottom rail.

I can’t quite imagine how it gets in there but it doesn’t sound right to me.
I didn’t think it was right it’s like a river comes flowing out as soon as the doors opened it’s trapped in the sliding channel till the doors relised

My drive slopes, van parked nose down and never had any water come out of the sliding door!

VW OEM sliding windows - they’re another matter though since cleaning the rubbers and applying Autoglym vinyl and rubber seem ok.
Thankfully iv never had any issues regarding the sliding windows

Mine is exactly the same and I don’t have roof bars or leaking windows. It’s also parked on a flat concrete slab.

I have the same problem and am wondering if the door seal around the bottom is causing the problem. There’s no drain holes in the channel, unlike earlier versions of the van. But surely the outer door seal [this one on door and not the ‘main seal’ on the van aperture] is preventing water draining out of the underside of the door by trapping it and is also diverting water to fill up the channel. Premature failure of the slider roller has just drawn my attention to this issue- the bearings got rusty and disintegrated.

I am wondering whether to remove the bottom portion of this seal.

6E59FCD2-886D-4166-8A20-77A2C817E052.png

Back