Vw Warranty Work - Charge For Courtesy Vehicle Insurance?

Andy Cody

T6 Pro
Hi Guys,

Just tried to book my van in for some warranty work on a leaking sliding door seal and the friendly chap at VW Norwich informed me as of last week they don't offer courtesy vehicles FOC. It seems I have to pay for the fully comp insurance cover on the courtesy vehicle.

Seems a little bit harsh for warranty work or am I just being cheap? (I think he said they would cover it with a £250 excess for £12.50/day)

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks, Andy

Yes, I was told at Clark Commercials in Aberdeen that it’s £20 flat rate but the excess is still £1000. In the end the card machine wasn’t working so it was free. Pretty sure it was similar at the Nissan garage a few years back which is part of the same group.

Stand your ground if it was out of warranty then ok, but it's not so don't let them away with that.
I've just had a courtesy van for the past 4 days free of charge as mine is in for warranty work £500 excess to.

My van is in for warranty work next week at Inchcape Manchester - courtesy vehicle is free (though circa 1 month wait for one!!) - however excess is £1,000 - unless you pay £15 and it's then reduced to £250 or thereabouts. They've got you over a barrel really as just can't risk a £1k excess...

I've come across this in the last 12 months with a car garage, stand ground and they waive fee!

Looks like it’s fairly common then. Maybe an email will help change their mind. The van is a 2016 plate with 20k on the clock so should be covered under warranty.

Back