Vw t6 picked up from garage, noticed its had a knock on the left fender,

Daniel, ask for your money back and find another one. Every journey will be a nightmare as you will be trying to find things that don't seem right, and after a few months will sell it on because in your mind something will feel not right.
Completely agree

Yeah i think you will be right. My biggest issue which is niggling me is i can't find another van with this spec without adding another 5k to my budget or accepting the closest van i could get would have substantially higher mileage. My aim, as advised by the community and rightly so, is to get a EU6 LWB 150bhp 6 speed highline spec. currently there are only 2 on the market in my price bracket. one is 2016 89k miles at 21k the other is the van i bought and struggling with which has 58k miles 2017 for 24k (23k after bargaining) either i accept i have to find more cash or have to be patience, which i suck at haha.

impatience could be expensive..

Best

Daniel

Yeah i think you will be right. My biggest issue which is niggling me is i can't find another van with this spec without adding another 5k to my budget or accepting the closest van i could get would have substantially higher mileage. My aim, as advised by the community and rightly so, is to get a EU6 LWB 150bhp 6 speed highline spec. currently there are only 2 on the market in my price bracket. one is 2016 89k miles at 21k the other is the van i bought and struggling with which has 58k miles 2017 for 24k (23k after bargaining) either i accept i have to find more cash or have to be patience, which i suck at haha.

impatience could be expensive..

Best

Daniel
Understandable dilemma! However, so far you didn’t get “deal of the century”….you got the spec in your price point and immediately noticed an issue.

You’ve declared three variables - time, spec and cost - tweak one of them!

Understandable dilemma! However, so far you didn’t get “deal of the century”….you got the spec in your price point and immediately noticed an issue.

Your right. your all right, and it just seems a tough pill to swallow. will call him tomorrow.
thanks, appreciate the reality check

Best
Daniel

So i did notice that the front were both different makes and the right had a lot less tred on it. I did mention this when i dropped it off this morning to the garage guy but he didnt seem to really care what i was saying tbh,
When I view any vehicle before even bothering to test drive it I look at tyres.
If there are different makes with different tread depths on them on the same axle I'm gone, driving home, no test drive required.
We spend many thousands on these vans, if somebody doesn't care about the rubber bits that determine your fate when something goes wrong ahead of you, then I guess they didn't care about anything else on the van.
I accept if you're looking at a £700 banger it would be different but none of our T6's are cheap bangers.

We have a Hitachi Capital Vehicle Solutions leasing depot near us. Most probably multiple drivers.
I’m still a learner re using the forum, but would either of these be any good?

A4E3A30A-470E-4569-8F90-BC9E6D765821.png

We have a Hitachi Capital Vehicle Solutions leasing depot near us. Most probably multiple drivers.
I’m still a learner re using the forum, but would either of these be any good?

View attachment 142530
Thanks for the post, appreciated,! So i have been advised to stay away from the biTdi models as they apparently have issues. Those other ones do look nice however, was thinking they have slightly high mileage for the price. would like to be at 60k ideally. but maybe i am scraping the barrel with expectations and, well proof is i guess in the pudding. issues..

Since i posted earlier in the thread i've been following closely, saying to myself "return it " every time ! Now you've made a good decision i can sleep better at night.
Had a few rough nights :laugh: . Good luck with tomorrow :thumbsup:.

Since i posted earlier in the thread i've been following closely, saying to myself "return it " every time ! Now you've made a good decision i can sleep better at night.
Had a few rough nights :laugh: . Good luck with tomorrow :thumbsup:.
haha sorry for the pain caused! will let you know how i get on
cheers
Daniel

Thanks for the post, appreciated,! So i have been advised to stay away from the biTdi models as they apparently have issues. Those other ones do look nice however, was thinking they have slightly high mileage for the price. would like to be at 60k ideally. but maybe i am scraping the barrel with expectations and, well proof is i guess in the pudding. issues..
High mileage? “Mileage” is a tweak to your “spec” variable!

These van are good for many times that mileage, if they have been maintained eg serviced, cambelt done etc. If not, have the garage do the cambelt before delivery!

High mileage? “Mileage” is a tweak to your “spec” variable!

These van are good for many times that mileage, if they have been maintained eg serviced, cambelt done etc. If not, have the garage do the cambelt before delivery!
The van with 80k on it, has had new clutch , flywheel, cam belt and service every 10kish miles. Could be worth looking at.

You could 'tweak' to a lower spec, possibly Trendline then get it up to Highline spec with retrofitting front fogs, mfsw like I and others have. Some have even upspecced ( is that a word?) from Startline......

You could 'tweak' to a lower spec, possibly Trendline then get it up to Highline spec with retrofitting front fogs, mfsw like I and others have. Some have even upspecced ( is that a word?) from Startline......
yeah sounds good, and more than willing to work on the van and do whats needed. just heard the 102hpp dont over clock very well and the 5 speed isnt great at speed. so i guess 150bhp is a must. beyond that, i am willing to do work and mod the heck out of it

cheers

Daniel

haha you guys are gonna love me for this, so i took the van and didnt get a refund. So he replaced bot bottom front arms as the bushes had worn. It now drive bang straight on acceleration. The issue apparently wont show up if you take a crowbar to the joint and apparently most would miss it. He showed me the old parts. he could of replaced one but replaced them both to make sure it was resolved. So onward and upward. time to hack it apart and convert the dang thing :)

once again, Thank you all so much for the support and advice! rock solid forum!
Best
Daniel

Back