vw t6 fiamma pro bike fitting question

SpudP

VIP Member
Hi,
I'm just after a favour from someone with the above bike rack.
I'm having trouble with mounting the rack to the tailgate and just wanted to check if there is an issue with one of the top brackets.
Are these top brackets a mirror of each other?
When I compare the two top brackets the one that fits (Right side looking at the back of the van) has a slight bend but the left hand one is flat. This can be seen in the attached photos or each bracket against a flat edge. Does this look the same as your rack or is one of the parts incorrect?
Thanks for any help with this, it might be that it's correct but I just wanted to check before I end up damaging the van.
20220813_102215.jpg20220813_102201.jpg

I’ll have a look in the morning, as it’s slightly dark in this camping field & I’ve had a few beers…
I only have the Vw OEM bike rack, but the brackets are the same. :thumbsup:

Hi,
I'm just after a favour from someone with the above bike rack.
I'm having trouble with mounting the rack to the tailgate and just wanted to check if there is an issue with one of the top brackets.
Are these top brackets a mirror of each other?
When I compare the two top brackets the one that fits (Right side looking at the back of the van) has a slight bend but the left hand one is flat. This can be seen in the attached photos or each bracket against a flat edge. Does this look the same as your rack or is one of the parts incorrect?
Thanks for any help with this, it might be that it's correct but I just wanted to check before I end up damaging the van.
View attachment 170131View attachment 170132
These are mine:
18CEF02F-C475-44FD-B305-43893F328E4F.jpegA313E7A7-E6D5-4317-81A4-EA5BE8277F78.jpeg7019DEA9-BCCB-4D5D-A966-FAC1D5361A33.jpeg79D10DC0-9018-4D58-87B8-A0DCEAF110CD.jpeg
Apologies re the campervan kitchen knife being used as a straight edge!
Mrs moomin-j wasn’t impressed, but when needs must…

Thanks for that, much appreciated.
Obviously different brackets to the fiamma but they do look to match on yours which is what I was expecting.
I've been told the parts are correct so will be having another go tomorrow but not convinced.

Still would be interested to see the brackets if anyone has the same fiamma pro model.

Hi,
Not really, I got in touch with the supplier who went back to the manufacturer with the photos etc and they insisted the parts were correct. If I had had enough time I would have returned it but we needed a rack for a holiday we had planned. I ended up building it on the back of the van as the top brackets could be slid into position from the middle. I would need to dismantle most of the rack to take it off but I've just left it on.
I still think that one of the brackets wasn't formed properly but just didn't have time to get it resolved.
Rack works great once on the van.
Customer support was not great in my experience and I'm not sure I would buy from them again.

Last edited:
Back