VW T6 Custom PID codes for DPF

Well, just had oil changed a few weeks ago - below statistics this far. Not been sampling the oil level as frequently as used to do. As can be seen there was a fill-up at 61000 km.
1705874861925.png

Also next oil change scheduled :geek:

Indeed - T6 Aux Batt is read from controller 18 - Aux.Heater (credit @n10n )
View attachment 173694

Well, those are already part of Connection profile Volkswagen > OBD-II/EOBD Diesel DPF var. 1.
View attachment 173695

View attachment 173696

It's now 6 different controllers monitored - ECU, DSG, AWD, A/C, Aux.heater, ABS :inlove:
Starts to slow down - but still updated every 2.6 seconds :)
I am working in a gauge for measure the DPF status , temp coolant and battery voltage.

Imagen de WhatsApp 2024-03-20 a las 13.50.33_447180eb.jpg

The last value that I need is the battery volt.I found a PID 0xFF1238 but don't work.
Witch is the PID that you use?
Before I use th DPF VAG APP, but I dont like .The I think tht is a good a idea have a gauge always fix to show the status.
I dont know if you can help me with this.

I am working in a gauge for measure the DPF status , temp coolant and battery voltage.

View attachment 233695

The last value that I need is the battery volt.I found a PID 0xFF1238 but don't work.
Witch is the PID that you use?
Before I use th DPF VAG APP, but I dont like .The I think tht is a good a idea have a gauge always fix to show the status.
I dont know if you can help me with this.

Please try 0x22F442 and formula ((A*256)+B)/1000.0

Nice display there!

I would like add more parameters in a secundary screen , but I dont found nothing so much interesting.Where i can found PIDs of Vag group?
Other question, I dont found a PID to know when DPF start the regen, I thougt do it with the IN DPF tempererature , or try with the PID that I found in this forum (22207d), with is the best way?

I would like add more parameters in a secundary screen , but I dont found nothing so much interesting.Where i can found PIDs of Vag group?
Unless you source them by logging the bus while using a diagnostic software it's really just lot of googling + trial and error. There aren't (as far as I know) comprehensive lists published anywhere. And the big issue is that different engines often have different PIDs for the same thing - a lot of time you find a PID from somewhere only to find it doesn't work with your engine.

Other question, I dont found a PID to know when DPF start the regen, I thougt do it with the IN DPF tempererature , or try with the PID that I found in this forum (22207d), with is the best way?
I believe 22207d is the best available indicator, at least on CXEB engine.

the PID that I found in this forum (22207d), with is the best way?
That PID tells exactly when DPF regeneration is in progess on T6 EU6 engines - it's counting seconds from the start of the DPF regen.
However, as @n10n mentioned, e.g. the PID number above for the timer is not the same on all engines.

None of the codes works on my car(0x22207d & 0x22F442 ), it was strange because in the Torque App, I had the voltage.Then I sniffered the bluetooth communication apk and found the code 0xATRV , which works fine.I still have to find a way to know when the regen starts.
1710980327626.png

None of the codes works on my car(0x22207d & 0x22F442 ), it was strange because in the Torque App, I had the voltage.Then I sniffered the bluetooth communication apk and found the code 0xATRV , which works fine.I still have to find a way to know when the regen starts.
View attachment 233846

I see you are using serial interface (bluetooth adapter) to interface with the CAN rather than directly talking to it. That means you need to use multiple ’AT’ commands to initialize the adapter for it to be able query custom PIDs.

Not all adapters are able to do this in the first place - the adapter has to be a good quality one such as Carista or one of OBDLink ones (just as examples, there are many). For good adapters you should be able to find AT command documentation online that will detail out all the possible commands.

However, since you already know Torque and how to do bluetooth sniffing the most straightforward way would be to configure the custom PID to the Torque first and then sniff it’s bluetooth traffic to get the AT commands. Here’s a video on how to add custom PIDs to Torque:

It will be tons easier to try custom PIDs in an app than to try to get the same using AT -commands, so I would definitely start with that. Especially when it's unclear if your bluetooth adapter *and* the vehicle supports the functionality. Only flip over to use AT commands once you’re sure what you need to send and how to interpret responses.

In addition to the actual PID such as 0x22207D (regen duration / s) you will need a header 7E0 when adding the PID. 7E0 represents ECU communications as opposed to eg ABS. Finally, you will also need a formula which tells how bytes in the response will be converted back to a human readable value. For regen duration it’s just A*256+B.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Back