Vw Service Book

Glen1970

Hi,
I purchased my 2017 T6 3 months ago from VW in Abingdon.
Noticed I didn’t get a service book, they’ve said you don’t get one anymore as the service info is kept digitally on a database...
Does this sound correct??
Thanks guys

Yes unfortunately.

You can ask for print outs of the work that has been done previously from a main dealer.

And keep any future paper work to build your own logbook.

I put it all down on an Excel worksheet too.

Mine came without but was given one after asking . Initially tried to charge me for it.though.

Mine van didnt have one and i pressed this issue recently with my dealer when it was in for its second service and they told me VW switched from service books to electronic format at some point in 2016
My 65 plate had nothing so they supplied (and stamped) a service book for me, i was told it was £15 for the book but when i collected there was no charge (or they forgot to charge me im not sure ?)

Nothing with my Sept 17. Totally rubbish and VW just trying to make us go to the stealers for services. I bought one off ebay and keep it all my records in there.

I bought my 18 reg camper from the converter who got it from a VW dealer who had it as a demonstrator - It came with a blank service book with no details having been filled in at the beginning. When it had the first, so far, only service earlier this year, the service centre stamped it but commented that they were surprised that I even had it!

I paid a tenner for my book, it's all stamped up to date, I prefer to have a physical copy should I ever decide to sell my van at a later date.

It's a non-issue.

It is all about keeping the invoices/paperwork if you really want to demonstrate value and looking after the vehicle. I haven't given any credence or value to a service book full of stamps when buying a used vehicle for as long as I can remember (or since I realised you could buy them and a fake dealer stamp on eBay).

Back