VW Recall

Pauly

VCDS User
Admin
So i had a phone call from my local dealer yesterday asking if i could take the van back for a recall issue to be sorted, i inquired what the issue is and he told me some vehicles are getting flat batteries and there is a software change to be carried out to ensure this does not happen, not sure what models this affects will find out more when i go there but he said its a plug it in change a setting while you wait job

Anyone else had this yet ??

This is reason I have delayed a remap because I really want the custom vans raceline one but don't fancy a 6hr round trip everytime something like this happens.

No, nothing here either, although I was chatting to a friend earlier about stop/start (who works for Jaguar Land-rover) and the fact mine seems to be super 'reliable' and functions as soon as the engine is even vaguely warm, apparently means that I have a good battery as it's helping meet all the perameters to allow the stop/start system to work.... so to sum-up I don't think I have been depleating my battery at all, so hopefully I don't need whatever they are recalling it for, but I await to see if I get a call anyway.

@Rich mines like that stop start kicks in very early, its worth noting i have a very early model registered as soon as the T6 came out, manufactured Aug registered Sep so it may be something that affects early units only ?
Having been through lots of parts and accessories on ETKA i was really surprised at how many parts have been modified/changed already, some parts more than once so its quite feasible it only affects certain models on certain dates

Nothing here! My stop start kicks in reasonably early too. Obviously doesn't when air con or heater on full.

Stop start,whats that worse thing in the world always turn it off.

Im getting Flat Batteries ! If i use the start stop after the 2nd or 3rd start it turns over and struggles to start. 66 150 BMT. Does anyone have the correct spec fro the battery as mine has a smaller Ah Battery than a golf with stop start? And its been transported back to Swansea after 42 mile, Their master tech said it was an airlock in the fuel system... doughnut

I love stop start.

I was in VW a couple if weeks ago. No updates or recalls on mine. So remapped it.

Im getting Flat Batteries ! If i use the start stop after the 2nd or 3rd start it turns over and struggles to start. 66 150 BMT. Does anyone have the correct spec fro the battery as mine has a smaller Ah Battery than a golf with stop start? And its been transported back to Swansea after 42 mile, Their master tech said it was an airlock in the fuel system... doughnut

Was your van a showroom demo van?
A customer of mine had this with a brandnew Land Rover Freelander, it had the battery replaced for showroom purposes but was not replaced when PDI b4 delivery.

Anything to report? I seem to remember you had some pretty poor fuel consumption?

As said no updates, no recalls. Nothing wrong with it. Even on the dyno the power and torque was as expected. Euro 6 engines are just worse on fuel. I have has a dig around and it seems many other euro 6 vehicles from other companies perform worse compared to euro 4 and 5.

I hoping the pendle remap, remove the 80 kg marquee out of the van and assymetric 3 lower rolling resistance tyres will help.

Mine was sorted a couple of months back. Went in for a general warranty fix and they informed me that the software required updating. They mentioned possible flat batteries. No issues prior or since the update has been completed.

Back