VW Recall

Our Euro 6 204 is MUCH better on fuel than our Euro 5 180. At least 5mpg better.
Can't think of a more direct comparison.
Don't know about Euro 5 but I can confirm that my Caravelle 204 DSG is better on fuel than my previous T25 DJ Auto, 40mpg v 25 mpg!

Yeah mine was the showroom van... got a pice of paper to say its had a 10,001 point check...lol Might make sense tho, when i put the van data in the Varta web site its comes up with 3 different part numbers to mine.

Could not disagree more. I have the euro5 180, and it regularly does 45 mpg actual, rather than what it says on the MFD.
I'm not certain the T6 Euro 5 180 is the same engine as the T5.1?

The early ones basically all melt thanks to an EGR system that runs way too hot.

Could not disagree more. I have the euro5 180, and it regularly does 45 mpg actual, rather than what it says on the MFD.

I'm on about the t5 180 which polzey had. They refined it for the t6 and all t6 Euro 5 are getting more mpg than t5 Euro 5s despite being the same engine. VW really refined it all. But failed on Euro 6 fuel economy.

I'm on about the t5 180 which polzey had. They refined it for the t6 and all t6 Euro 5 are getting more mpg than t5 Euro 5s despite being the same engine. VW really refined it all. But failed on Euro 6 fuel economy.

The T5.1 180 got much better on reliability after they introduced BMT.

Once again, our 204 is MUCH better on fuel than our old 180.

Back