VW cancelled a load of orders

So in Dec 2020 I order a new T6.1 4 motion LWB DSG Kombi. A promise of April delivery. That date came and went, with a new promise of Sept 21. That date came and, a few weeks ago the date changed again, to a non confirmed wk build date of wk 12 2022!!! that’s March 22, so by the time I would get it, it would be May 22. Yes 2022. Now today, I get told VW have cancelled ALL van orders without a conf wk build date. I cannot now order my Kombi until late 22, meaning I won’t see a van until 2023! Yet they still are advertising to buy a van. I don’t want a Ford transit custom, but I really want to say to VW up yours. But my heart is really with the VW/Audi group. What do I do fellow vanners?

a lease company that order through the main dealer network, although after speaking to a main dealer they seem to be in the same boat. I was going to order my racking next week at the CV show but I’m not going to bother now, Not quite sure what to do, as this is my last new van purchase for the next 15 years until I retire.

I was talking to a dealers at the weekend and they said that VW vans have cancelled all orders to the big fleet companies to allow them to catch up production for the individual orders.

Logic being the lease companies etc will just keep hold of their vans for a year longer.

Same on crafters too unfortunately.

They also stopped production of vans and cali’s with rear seats that wouldn’t make it to the UK in time to be registered before 31st August.
MY22 vans with rear seats registered after1st September now have to have rear seatbelt warning.

Reactions: Jlo
They also stopped production of vans and cali’s with rear seats that wouldn’t make it to the UK in time to be registered before 31st August.
MY22 vans with rear seats registered after1st September now have to have rear seatbelt warning.
Thats going to make a Kombi more complicated

I was reading online that a lot of lease companies and others are having their orders pulled as they are ordering without actual sales which is not allowed with VW.
To order a brand new van you must have a customer and a lot of 3rd party companies and lease companies are ordering without actual customers, for instance you may have ordered but probably ordered to their spec, depending how many they ordered which could be loads of different specs, its not actually to your very spec.
This potentially allows for high priced or lower priced vans depending on enviroment available to buy competing with VW main dealers with no stock so although you have ordered one, VW are closing all orders with as others have said to big companies that are not directly linked so they can concerntrate on their own customers which have ordered.

I was in Listers van centre in Coventry last week and their rather large forecourt was rammed with new vans - I struggled to get parked! I cannot see them all being sold!

That'll be all the vans piled over without the seatbelt warnings for passenger seats, and if they have them, rear sea. Maybe some deals to be had as they clear the pre-reg stock.

I think its even more examples of the nanny state - since the seat belt laws were brought in no one ever has not had a seatbelt on in my car while being driven.

The first thing I do when I get a new vehicle is disable the seat belt “bonger”, it’d save me a job :whistle:

Hi just signed up to forum after putting order in for a new 6.1 . Was told to expect 6-9months for VW to build and deliver but reading the above comments doesn’t sound asif that’s a realistic time frame

I also last week ordered a T32 and was told due the lack of microchips, not to expect to see it till at least April !

So in Dec 2020 I order a new T6.1 4 motion LWB DSG Kombi. A promise of April delivery. That date came and went, with a new promise of Sept 21. That date came and, a few weeks ago the date changed again, to a non confirmed wk build date of wk 12 2022!!! that’s March 22, so by the time I would get it, it would be May 22. Yes 2022. Now today, I get told VW have cancelled ALL van orders without a conf wk build date. I cannot now order my Kombi until late 22, meaning I won’t see a van until 2023! Yet they still are advertising to buy a van. I don’t want a Ford transit custom, but I really want to say to VW up yours. But my heart is really with the VW/Audi group. What do I do fellow vanners?
I’ve just been told the same.. only had mine on order for 3 months.. VW not that they will be arsed have lost my business. I’ll run my caddy until it breaks and that’s me done with VW. Ford transit next

I’ve just been told the same.. only had mine on order for 3 months.. VW not that they will be arsed have lost my business. I’ll run my caddy until it breaks and that’s me done with VW. Ford transit next
All manufacturers are suffering the same issues. It’s not a VW problem, it’s a global problem. There will be a shortage of microchips for everything from laptops/phones/vehicles/toasters, for the next couple of years.

All manufacturers are suffering the same issues. It’s not a VW problem, it’s a global problem. There will be a shortage of microchips for everything from laptops/phones/vehicles/toasters, for the next couple of years.
What he said.
I work at a car dealership and it's totally nuts! Time frames on new cars are all over the place and forever changing...
It's the same with all manufacturers.

Back