Vw Assist.

Good sound advice but they did find mine today off my private plate and I've never spoken to them.
I agree it's certain worth a call beforehand just to be sure as I have no idea what the original number plate was so that could be a BIG problem if I needed them and they demanded that detail.
I couldn’t remember mine either so they tracked mine by the vin number then updated the reg number on their computer . Perhaps I just got a jobsworth?

Mine was put on a private plate after 12 months, when i rang up VW assist last month they had all the details relating to the van on the private plate. I just presumed it was connected to the DVLA and never thought about the warranty side

I've used Audi assist, which I presume is the same, before with a private plate and all they did on the phone was ask me what the original plate was and changed their records.

I've used Audi assist, which I presume is the same, before with a private plate and all they did on the phone was ask me what the original plate was and changed their records.
That’s right, I was just suggesting people did it before they need help especially if they can’t remember the original number. Just saves a load of stress.

That’s right, I was just suggesting people did it before they need help especially if they can’t remember the original number. Just saves a load of stress.
True, though I only did it when I was ringing them to get them out, didn't occur to me before :D

Back