VW Approved integrated Lithium install for T6.1 Coast/Ocean etc.

Oceanis

German Member
T6 Guru
In the process of analysing my solar install before making the next step to Lithium.

It turns out there is a company in Germany who have collaborated with VW and are offering a fully integrated, VW approved Lithium install on Beaches and Oceans. The camper unit is even re-calibrated to recognise the increased capacity of the Lithium batteries.

It is eye-wateringly expensive, and the company is called Car Electric Home

They have a YouTube video out
(turn on subtitles with auto-translation if you don't speak German - bit weird but mostly works).

... I'm going to find out if I can buy parts from them to install myself - and how much it will cost.

In the process of analysing my solar install before making the next step to Lithium.

It turns out there is a company in Germany who have collaborated with VW and are offering a fully integrated, VW approved Lithium install on Beaches and Oceans. The camper unit is even re-calibrated to recognise the increased capacity of the Lithium batteries.

It is eye-wateringly expensive, and the company is called Car Electric Home

They have a YouTube video out
(turn on subtitles with auto-translation if you don't speak German - bit weird but mostly works).

... I'm going to find out if I can buy parts from them to install myself - and how much it will cost.
Hi @Oceanis, great research on these guys. Thank you for posting!! I'd love t know how you went with getting the separate parts? Are they approachable?

It would be an excellent option for us here in Australia as we wouldn't dream of shipping a heavy battery from Germany, but it would be possible to ship cables and electronic parts to have installed by a qualified Auto electrician.

Back