VW Amarok 20" Wheels

Here you go , Yokohama advan sport 105 load.
255/45/20

First impression, quite, smoother and handles better.
Acceleration in 1st &2nd might be a tad slower but hardly anything. Got 40psi All round .

Photo don’t do them justice really , I will put more up when I get VW centre caps and bolt covers sorted.upload_2018-7-7_10-54-13.jpeg
upload_2018-7-7_10-55-10.jpeg
upload_2018-7-7_10-55-33.jpeg
upload_2018-7-7_10-55-58.jpeg

Here you go , Yokohama advan sport 105 load.
255/45/20

First impression, quite, smoother and handles better.
Acceleration in 1st &2nd might be a tad slower but hardly anything. Got 40psi All round .

Photo don’t do them justice really , I will put more up when I get VW centre caps and bolt covers sorted.View attachment 25123
View attachment 25124
View attachment 25125
View attachment 25126
Looking really good
Did you need wheel spacers?
What's your solution for the wheel bolts ? & Centre cap?

image.jpg I’ve gone for the other style in the VW accessories catalog with General 245 45s. Drives really well not harsh at all, and speedo is only 1-2 mph out.
It’s also had the Sportline 35mm lowering kit which has also helped both the look and handling.

Looking really good

No spacers , straight on with existing bolts .
I have ordered genuine VW centre caps . Only a tenner ! The amorok ones that came with them were ok , chrome colour but I fancy the VW . And I found some grey Audi bolt covers on eBay that hopefully push straight on when the postman delivers !

Looking really good
View attachment 25245 I’ve gone for the other style in the VW accessories catalog with General 245 45s. Drives really well not harsh at all, and speedo is only 1-2 mph out.
It’s also had the Sportline 35mm lowering kit which has also helped both the look and handling.

That looks good , perfectly even arch gap all the way round .:thumbsup:

View attachment 25245 I’ve gone for the other style in the VW accessories catalog with General 245 45s. Drives really well not harsh at all, and speedo is only 1-2 mph out.
Brilliant, on a mojave van as well. Its certainly a very bold look. Love it

Ok VW centre caps didn’t fit , so settled for the amorok ones . Still look good . Also Audi bolt covers . Very snug had to tap on with rubber mallet!
Finally got my plates on to. :whistle:upload_2018-7-12_18-0-18.jpeg
upload_2018-7-12_18-0-44.jpeg

Were the centres that didn't fit, for Amarok wheels?
I think you get "VW" centre plastic/chrome stick on jobbies from ebay; if you wish
Hope you can get the bolt head covers off OK, if you have a puncture.

Looking Good:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Were the centres that didn't fit, for Amarok wheels?
I think you get "VW" centre plastic/chrome stick on jobbies from ebay; if you wish
Hope you can get the bolt head covers off OK, if you have a puncture.

Looking Good:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Centre caps were not specifically for amorok, most other models . The dimensions on the amazon add looked like they would fit. I’m happy with the way they look for now
Think I will carry a pair of grips in puncture kit!
I put a bit of lube on the bolt heads first , so should be good to get off .

Hi Im looking to purchase these Amarok alloys but struggling to work out what the best tyre size and manufacture choice.

I will be lowering the van by 40mm with H&R springs and see a lot of custom shops selling 275/40/20?

Any advice would be great

Cheers!
Hi, have you got a pic of your van with these alloys and 40mm lowered please

Thanks

255-45-20 seems much larger than standard rolling radius about 50mm wont that will seriously throw out the speedo
am i right or am i missing something ?
they do look awesome though..

Hi @Brennanpj how are you finding the wear on the Yoko's? I've just fitted my winter wheels and found that my 265/40's are pretty much shot after around 10K miles! I've been running them at 40psi but the wear is mostly in the middle (so they were probably over-inflated). I'd be interested to hear how yours are doing?

Hi @Brennanpj how are you finding the wear on the Yoko's? I've just fitted my winter wheels and found that my 265/40's are pretty much shot after around 10K miles! I've been running them at 40psi but the wear is mostly in the middle (so they were probably over-inflated). I'd be interested to hear how yours are doing?

Hi , I have only done about 1500 miles since I put them on ! So look new still . It’s weekend drive only . I do miss it in the week though !

I stuck with 40 psi in rear. But put 42 in the front as it was looking soft . Comfortable ride still . I will keep my eye on them . They have not been tested in the cold /wet / mud ect .
Did you have any issues , as you are on winters now ?
I have my devonports at the ready with Goodyear vectors on if needed !

Hi , I have only done about 1500 miles since I put them on ! So look new still . It’s weekend drive only . I do miss it in the week though !

I stuck with 40 psi in rear. But put 42 in the front as it was looking soft . Comfortable ride still . I will keep my eye on them . They have not been tested in the cold /wet / mud ect .
Did you have any issues , as you are on winters now ?
I have my devonports at the ready with Goodyear vectors on if needed !

I figured you wouldn't have run as far as me...but I was quite surprised how worn mine were. No issues with them otherwise - very good tyres. I'm up in the North East and ride mountain bikes all over, so winter tyres are essential. Only 18's now....missing the 20's! Not sure I'll go with Yoko's again though......

Any reason it’s not recommended to put some Lower profile tyres on these Amarok alloys??

The only reason I have the 45’s is because I could not get the correctly load rated tyre for my t32 in a smaller profile .

I actually like the bigger volume aswell !

Back