VW Amarok 20" Wheels

Mine are ordered. I am paying VW Comms £958 inc vat. Even the parts sales guy said thats a good price has normal wheels are usually over £5ton each. Now tyres..... Landsail or Davanti. I am thinking 255/45 20. I know its going to mess my speedo up a touch but hopefully will be a compromise for slightly better ride quality. Local fitter is quoting me £95 +vatman a corner for landsails.

I have just been quoted £1065 from Marshall’s of oxford .
We talked tyres and I’m unsure about a 40 tyre.
As pauly says they said it should have 255/50/20.
I want as much comfort as possible but not a 50 .

Be keen to see yours davrob when you get them on !
I like them a lot .
upload_2018-5-24_10-3-30.png

Yes of course I will post a pic at the weekend hopefully. I have an Indium Grey kombi with stock suspension at the moment but B14s are on the list in another few months.

Yes of course I will post a pic at the weekend hopefully. I have an Indium Grey kombi with stock suspension at the moment but B14s are on the list in another few months.

I’m just looking into tyre options at the minute for t32 .
Limited I think you 45 profile will be the best bet !

IMG_9164.JPG

VW Amarok 20s with Landsail 255/45 20 105 load tyres. Absolutely made up with looks and the why she drives. All the bad remarks you find relating to 20 inch alloys it drives better than standard factory 16s. She is sitting slightly high but I can live with that for now - bit of an SUV style look! Its used everyday for workvan, leisure vehicle and pulling our 7m caravan so not really in a rush to mess about with suspension as yet.

Road noise is minimal. the tyres are rated at 70db. I was going to get Davantis at 68db but the tyre guys said they are too soft for the weight of the T6. Acceleration is maybe quicker and smoother noticeably between 1st and 2nd gear, thats with DSG of course.

View attachment 22981

VW Amarok 20s with Landsail 255/45 20 105 load tyres. Absolutely made up with looks and the why she drives. All the bad remarks you find relating to 20 inch alloys it drives better than standard factory 16s. She is sitting slightly high but I can live with that for now - bit of an SUV style look! Its used everyday for workvan, leisure vehicle and pulling our 7m caravan so not really in a rush to mess about with suspension as yet.

Hi @DavRob how are your wheels performing, any rubbing it issues? I'm really tempted by these, just waiting for funds to recover!

If you have any more pics closer up in the flesh I would be very grateful.

They look wicked on your van, think they would suit my starlight blue van also.

Cheers :thumbsup:

20180529_141153.jpg 20180531_165729.jpg
After months of debating wheels and sizes I am so made up with my choice and size. The ride is so comfortable now. The bigger wheels and obviously the width of the tyres and I guess the softness of the rubber of the tyres has ironed out all the bumps in the road. I guess the factory 16s with Hankook tyres must have been hard for carrying maximum load. I've not noticed any rubbing whatsoever and its also liveable with the arch height gap. Im glad I went for 20s instead of 19s has I would have allways thought about that extra inch. at the end of the day massive improvement in both looks and ride quality.

View attachment 23257 View attachment 23256
After months of debating wheels and sizes I am so made up with my choice and size. The ride is so comfortable now. The bigger wheels and obviously the width of the tyres and I guess the softness of the rubber of the tyres has ironed out all the bumps in the road. I guess the factory 16s with Hankook tyres must have been hard for carrying maximum load. I've not noticed any rubbing whatsoever and its also liveable with the arch height gap. Im glad I went for 20s instead of 19s has I would have allways thought about that extra inch. at the end of the day massive improvement in both looks and ride quality.

Yep they look sweet, definitely going to be my next set of wheels. Thanks for the additional picture. Almost an exact match on your grey van :thumbsup:

Is yours a T32? Did the amarok wheels just bolt straight on or did they need spacers?

T30 Kombi. No spacers required just bolt straight on. Had them on now for 3 weeks and definitely wont be changing or messing about with suspension. Ride quality and looks are just perfect for my everyday used van.

The Amarok wheel seems to have a greater off-set (negative off-set) than a T6 wheel??
i.e it sticks further out (I hate the et concept, it's so counter intuitive imo)

Hi Im looking to purchase these Amarok alloys but struggling to work out what the best tyre size and manufacture choice.

I will be lowering the van by 40mm with H&R springs and see a lot of custom shops selling 275/40/20?

Any advice would be great

Cheers!

Hi Im looking to purchase these Amarok alloys but struggling to work out what the best tyre size and manufacture choice.

I will have a 40mm drop with H&R springs? Will 275/40/20 fit or will there rub on full lock?

Cheers

I have finally made my mind up and ordered a set of these wheels !!
Probably going to put Nexen RU1 ‘s on them .
Looking at £110 a wheel fitted .
Mines a black lwb so decided I need big wheels . After looking at 18 ‘s & 19’s .
Will get some pics up early next week probably:thumbsup:

Well Marshalls is not far from me so if you let me know the order number I'll pick them up and fit them on my van to check they are ok :sneaky: ;)

Well Marshalls is not far from me so if you let me know the order number I'll pick them up and fit them on my van to check they are ok :sneaky: ;)

You could of ! But I went to cordwallis at Eynsham instead . £50 cheaper ! And they will deliver to my house FOC.

Back