Very annoying dash rattle

Andy_l

Hi
Over the last few weeks this rattle is getting worse. Iv checked under bonnet like some past posts have said but I have no idea with out taking dash out what it may be. Has anyone else had a similar noise?? It’s a taping noise seems to be from centre of dash Iv recorded it but unable to load onto this thread.

I use the radio to mask annoying rattles. Works a treat and is so much easier than ripping out the dash only to find it's still rattling from a totally inaccessible part of the van. Then you put the dash back together none the wiser and lo and behold you have a another rattle to enjoy. :confused:

I had one that I found was coming from where the A pillar trim met the dashboard. Put some sticky backed felt in it and it sorted it.

I have a similar rattle currently which only seems to happen after a few miles into a drive. I'm loathed to take the dash out to look as I know this will create more issues than it solves. I have an adaptor loom on the back of my headunit and I'm convinced that it is the additional quadlock plug vibrating against something. I will pop the headunit out soon and have a look although everything behind there is pretty much wedged in.
If you have a similar set up this could be it, alternatively have you checked in the gap at the bottom of the windscreen? Lots of stuff can end up down there if you don't have the filler strip.

I had one that I found was coming from where the A pillar trim met the dashboard. Put some sticky backed felt in it and it sorted it.

Me too, gets worse when the weather warms up and the plastic expands. I've put a bit of card in the gap.

My intermittent rattle has disappeared since replacing the media player with a Alpine unit. I reckon it’s the connectors resting on the plastic vibrating. I had the same rattle in my previous van as well but never fixed it till now.

I find this lovely warm weather completely silences the mouse orchestra playing in my fibreglass bath tub/pop top, sadly come Autumn it will be back to Vivaldi's Four Seasons.

I have a similar rattle currently which only seems to happen after a few miles into a drive. I'm loathed to take the dash out to look as I know this will create more issues than it solves. I have an adaptor loom on the back of my headunit and I'm convinced that it is the additional quadlock plug vibrating against something. I will pop the headunit out soon and have a look although everything behind there is pretty much wedged in.
If you have a similar set up this could be it, alternatively have you checked in the gap at the bottom of the windscreen? Lots of stuff can end up down there if you don't have the filler strip.
Hi mate I think That I may have fount it. The washer pipe inside the bonnet I have filled with sponge and so far I haven’t heard it, il keep updated

Back