[Resolved] Annoying rattle behind glovebox.

JonriceT6

VIP Member
T6 Guru
About a month ago, I had my rear speakers connected to my headunit.
2-3 weeks ago the vehicle developed one hell of an annoying rattle coming from inside the dash behind the glove box area.
Only happens when driving in low revs or pulling off. Sounds like plastic rattling on the crappy plastic of the dash.

Anyone else had similar ? Or is it a common rattle ?

Umm sounds familiar…..just …after hearing for 2 years discovered that the Tweeter module that was supposedly stuck on inside the A pillar was loose…..and vibrating on lows revs etc….so answer was to cover in foam padding and tesa tape the cables…and it now sounds and feels like a new van…and given my poor ears a rest :eek:

90793B1C-32A2-4E16-AFAE-5E4C72F0AA84.jpeg389FE8A1-4697-4E8E-9A40-09A1AAE31726.jpeg
so so annoying

Last edited:
Reactions: CAB
I’ve not had my tweeters changed, so was wandering if there’s a connection module that’s flapping about behind the glove box?
Any ideas how to get the glovebox out ?

I’ve not had my tweeters changed, so was wandering if there’s a connection module that’s flapping about behind the glove box?
Any ideas how to get the glovebox out ?
Un clip the cover in the footwell. Remove 3 torx screws along the bottom of the glove box. Open the glovebox and remove 4 torx screws across the top. Pull the top of the glovebox out and pivot it down to remove.

thanks @Deaky ….if you find any cables that are not Tesa taped ( it’s the stuff that a stops noise) after your speaker upgrade that could be the noise on low revs….I also had new wiring that wasn’t sound proofed behind the A pillar trim…( as well as a loose tweeter box ) .I honestly thought it was from the dash ….

19817BB0-9242-4A3A-8170-C72FA7A5D645.png
or similar

Found my rattle, it’s coming from the lights console and plastic casing above my head Not sure which part yet.
Either Noise Must have been deflecting down the windscreen or my hearing is shit haha

I've got one right in the front right corner of the dash - at least if I put my hand on there it stops! Not sure I fancy taking that much dash apart to investigate but I did wonder, is there an easy way to remove the cupholder? (T6.1 Highline if that narrows down the type of dash enough)

So my rattle was coming from this blank plastic section. I popped it off by pushing it in, as I noticed it wasn’t secure.
now I can’t get it back on. Looks like it has to be pushed in place from the inside. Any ideas how to get it back on?

A419B118-0F14-49BE-9DE9-76C9EC272923.jpeg

So my rattle was coming from this blank plastic section. I popped it off by pushing it in, as I noticed it wasn’t secure.
now I can’t get it back on. Looks like it has to be pushed in place from the inside. Any ideas how to get it back on?
I think it clips in initially from the front, top first, there should be some tangs on the top of the panel which locate in the console, put the top in first then gently push the bottom of the panel in

DD082C10-8E35-44CF-A141-FB49378944E0.jpeg

Do I have to take the whole console off? As I can’t push from the front
The exploded diagram posted above suggests the blanking panel is fitted from the front.
Looks like it just clips in, there are side clips in the console that retain the panel ?
I would suggest studying the diagram above ensuring the parts look the same and are oriented the same ?
then try to fit the panel from the front with a Little bit of force ?

does your blanking & console panel look like the one in The exploded diagram above ?

Yes it does. But the back of the panel that I took out, is bigger than the front, split can’t be just pushed into place. It has to be tilted and placed inside the console and then pulled forwards somehow

Back