VCDS Scan results......(help) :) please.....

robbo69

VIP Member
Hi Folks,

I have just completed my first scan using the VCDS Software. It has returned, a few faults..:)

Looks like the EGR valve will need replacing.
I also have an issue with the parking sensors not working.

If anyone can be any help with the following code list it will be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Rob

Attachments

• Log xx16xxx.txt
    13.3 KB · Views: 21
Clear all the faults and see what comes back
I think some of them will be spurious, antennas are in the wing mirror so that may have been off at some point and some can be caused by a low battery somewhere along the line
I would only concern myself with faults that are persistent and return

Reactions: mmi
Clear all the faults and see what comes back
I think some of them will be spurious, antennas are in the wing mirror so that may have been off at some point and some can be caused by a low battery somewhere along the line
I would only concern myself with faults that are persistent and return
Hi Pauly,

All faults were cleared at the garage today as the van had been in for various things. This is the log i ran when I got home.
Is it worth clearing again and seeing what returns?

Thank you

All faults were cleared at the garage today
It seems the faults were not cleared??

Date of the scan: Wednesday,24,April,2024,18:55:52
Mileage when scanned: 282650km-175630miles

Date of the EGR fault
Fault Frequency: 4
Mileage: 282528 km
Date: 2024.04.20
Time: 13:24:52

There are even older dates in the scan.

Is it worth clearing again and seeing what returns?
Worth noting that the clearing under Auto-Scan does not necessarily clear faults in every controller and thus need to be at each controller separately. Please verify by doing Auto-Scan again.

It seems the faults were not cleared??

Date of the scan: Wednesday,24,April,2024,18:55:52
Mileage when scanned: 282650km-175630miles

Date of the EGR fault
Fault Frequency: 4
Mileage: 282528 km
Date: 2024.04.20
Time: 13:24:52

There are even older dates in the scan.

Worth noting that the clearing under Auto-Scan does not necessarily clear faults in every controller and thus need to be at each controller separately. Please verify by doing Auto-Scan again.

Yes, much cleaner now. However, for the emission codes will need a couple of driving cycles to surface so let's see how it goes with the EGR fault.

The parking sensor problem should be just simple wiring problem - the sensors do not get power.

Yes, much cleaner now. However, for the emission codes will need a couple of driving cycles to surface so let's see how it goes with the EGR fault.

The parking sensor problem should be just simple wiring problem - the sensors do not get power.
Many thanks for your continued help.

I'll give it a few days and rescan for the ERG fault.

Do you think there is a break in the wire between the module and sensors?

Rob

Do you think there is a break in the wire between the module and sensors?
Yes, that's my first guess - possibly close to sensors - behind the bumper. I think we have a thread(s) about the fault - possibly resolved.

Yes, that's my first guess - possibly close to sensors - behind the bumper. I think we have a thread(s) about the fault - possibly resolved.
Thanks so much for all your help, I'll get digging this weekend

Further to the wiring problem.....i found out why the rear bumper was sagging now, there is a rusty towbar beam with out any of the foam support to hold bumper up...will make this good before I attack any electrics....

Not uncommon to find moisture in the plug on the back of the parking sensor, easy to check just unplug and you will see any corrosion on the contacts

Not uncommon to find moisture in the plug on the back of the parking sensor, easy to check just unplug and you will see any corrosion on the contacts
1079828 - Supply Voltage for Parking Aid Sensor(s)
B107A 14 [00001001] - Open or Short to Ground

Hi Pauly, that is the error code I'm getting...Need to have a good look when I have some time.. Thanks for the info, @mmi seemed to think the same.

Back