VB air suspension; anyone with experience of it? Level issue.

Zyclamvw

Hi
I’m a newcomer to the forum, as have just got a lovely t5.1 caravelle.
it was previously a disability vehicle and has VB-fullair 4c suspension fitted to it.
I’ve had cars with air ride (suspension) primarily fitted to drive low and park even lower, but thus is obviously different, and doesn’t seem to have an air tank.
It has a number of settings, but does seem to ride slightly ‘nose up‘, so I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this system, and wether it can be adjusted?
cheers

It shouldn’t ride nose up. Take it to a VB authorised dealer to get it looked at and/or serviced.

My VB air has two drive modes. Standard and Sport, which is about 30mm lower. There is also an off-road mode that switches back to one of the others at a relatively low speed (20mph?). You can also select Park for crawling under height barriers or around low multi-story car parks, and even manually adjust the height to any level within the range, but these all trip out at a very low speed. The system is self levelling so should adjust for any weight carried.

My VB air has two drive modes. Standard and Sport, which is about 30mm lower. There is also an off-road mode that switches back to one of the others at a relatively low speed (20mph?). You can also select Park for crawling under height barriers or around low multi-story car parks, and even manually adjust the height to any level within the range, but these all trip out at a very low speed. The system is self levelling so should adjust for any weight carried.
Hi Shaun, I've just got a T6 with the same system, but am surprised about how active the system is, especially at traffic lights. Is this normal?

Probably.
I can’t say I’ve particularly noticed mine adjusting at lights, but it does sometimes adjust while in use. It always seems to adjust a bit after I’ve got out (which is a bit rude !), and I don’t usually pay much attention to it.

Thanks Shaun, getting more familiar when it likes to pump and dump now. Have to admit it’s handy when camping, though still have to work out the three hight levels for when I go under barriers.

You all seem to have forgot one setting telling Jeff, and that is when sitting on a campsite and they'll not all level, once you stop to set up, turn ignition off and hit the first button balancing on a fulcrum and it will level up, so while you watch everyone else mess on with the ramps, you can have a beer...

Same, but as well as self levelling it also does this with ignition off to level you up on campsites instead of using blocks, I love mine.

Back