Vanshades won’t open

Old Jabez

Newbie seeking help again. Vanshades have been installed in our T6.1 conversion. All in closed position. Is there something I’m missing, but none of them will lift up with the black tab. Do they lock? They all seem uncomfortably stubborn. Any help gratefully received.

Newbie seeking help again. Vanshades have been installed in our T6.1 conversion. All in closed position. Is there something I’m missing, but none of them will lift up with the black tab. Do they lock? They all seem uncomfortably stubborn. Any help gratefully received.
Ummm strange no lock that’s for sure
Are you pulling /pushing up square
Who fitted them ?

Ummm strange no lock that’s for sure
Are you pulling /pushing up square
Who fitted them ?
Not pulling, just trying to lift them up square to the pod. They were fitted by AVT Campers, Tewkesbury, who have been amazing throughout the build. At least I know there’s no lock/catch system. Thanks for trying to help. All windows are the same, so it really does point to user stupidity on my part.

They are quite stiff until you get the hang of the lifting them by the little tab .

That’s gota be a joke of some sort… should lift up and down pretty easy for that sort of money, my shutters at home were cheaper than that and they flip and flap a doddle

Try angling the tab down as you lift it up, if that makes sense.
Yes, basically you are trying to keep the base level I think?

Lifting the tab just angles it up. So you need to lift level, if you see what I mean.

It's one of those things you don't think about when you know how to do it, you just do it automatically.

Yes, basically you are trying to keep the base level I think?

Lifting the tab just angles it up. So you need to lift level, if you see what I mean.

It's one of those things you don't think about when you know how to do it, you just do it automatically.
Fantastic nugget of advice. Worked a dream, though the blinds are a little stubborn. Sure they’ll loosen with use. Thank you.

Back