Vango Galli 3 - Water pooling on tunnel

Another hack for these awnings I thoughts I’d share (sorry if this is old news!), if the front and rear straps are flipping in the wind put a twist in them and it stops it.
View attachment 169539
Found this out when my son was messing around and being annoying disconnecting them instead of walking around so obviously I didn’t tell him if the improvement :)
Genius!

If only the bloke who designed the Tacoma Narrows Bridge had had a T6 with an awning!

Evening all, as you would have gathered, we have a Vango Galli 3 awning. Every time it rains, water pools either end of the tunnel. I've spoken to the company we bought it off and they are in turn speaking to Vango.

Having searched the Internet, it seems this is a common issue. I was wondering if anyone else has experience this problem and if so, have you found a "fix"?

I have a number of ideas, but I wanted to check with the ingenious folks on this forum first.

I can't pull the tunnel tighter title the van without the risk of tearing it.

Regards,

J.

View attachment 157404

View attachment 157405

View attachment 157406
We’ve had this problem since we got this awning. So glad I found this thread about it!

We’ve tried many different things but I like the tarp clip/guy rope solution so will try that next time we are away.

Works really well to be fair, been using it since reading this thread.

Two things to bear in mind, the distance between the van and the rest of the awning makes a huge difference to how well it all works. Having the tunnel section taught before even adding the additional lines is key. You do also lose some head room in the tunnel from pulling the sides down and the back edge of the sliding door is more likely to catch the awning fabric.

We basically don’t use the tunnel access doors once it’s all connected as it’s not practical, will only open them up for additional air flow if it’s hot.

Back