Van X tail light resistor issue.

p6raf

T6 Pro
Just fitted Van X clear rear led lights, which are stunning by the way. However, disappointed that it throws up a light error on the dash. Spoke to them this morning and apparently this happens if you have other led lights fitted. Their website states "These lights are plug and play no welding, drilling or modifications are required." The solution involves splicing into the earth wire and reverse wire and installing a resistor, which they will supply free of charge. I don't mind doing basic electrickery but it concerns me a little as the wires are external and in theory could be exposed to water. Anyone else had this issue ?

20220512_123318(0).jpg

Screenshot_20220516-124400_Drive.jpg

The diagram shows scotch lock connectors (in blue) to splice into the cables.

We're you supplied These?

Little price to pay to have stunning lights. When you start modding you also have to be prepared to make adjustments.
Or you pay someone else to do it.

Just thought I'd follow up on my earlier post. Please forgive the very long time in doing so, life is complicated....
So after fitting the resistors as instructed I noticed they got massively hot, to the point they burnt my fingers after 10 seconds of being on. I've been assured this is completely normal but have not yet been brave enough to refit them (original lights we're put back).
Can anyone fill me with confidence that it is indeed safe? Surely Im not the only T6 owner with these fitted and have been guided to fit these resistors?

Back