THQ v1 Light Issue - HELP

BennyBoy

Mountain Biker
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hello

I have had the THQ v1 lights since they were launched with LED bulbs in the dipped beam without any issues at all from day one

A couple of days ago driving home the driver's side dipped beam flickered and went off and bulb light came on. No issue will change bulb but that didn't work

The high beam, indicator and DRL all work fine just no dipped beam. Had mate come over and not even 1 volt going to the light, needs 12 volts so I am told. Quite a few of the wires look corroded as well which I suppose could be the issue

We ran a diagnostic on the van and it has a earth to ground error which can't be cleared.

So my question is is there a fix or any advise out there from the collective?

My mate thinks it's a fault in the lights there are a few in his words odd silver boxes on the lights which he has no idea what they do. I should say he is a mechanic but not an electrical expert.

Thanks

Hello

I have had the THQ v1 lights since they were launched with LED bulbs in the dipped beam without any issues at all from day one

A couple of days ago driving home the driver's side dipped beam flickered and went off and bulb light came on. No issue will change bulb but that didn't work

The high beam, indicator and DRL all work fine just no dipped beam. Had mate come over and not even 1 volt going to the light, needs 12 volts so I am told. Quite a few of the wires look corroded as well which I suppose could be the issue

We ran a diagnostic on the van and it has a earth to ground error which can't be cleared.

So my question is is there a fix or any advise out there from the collective?

My mate thinks it's a fault in the lights there are a few in his words odd silver boxes on the lights which he has no idea what they do. I should say he is a mechanic but not an electrical expert.

Thanks
Sorry I can't offer you a solution but if it helps, the "odd silver boxes on the lights" might well be resistors or ballasts, commonly fitted to prevent aftermarket LED "bulbs" flickering.

Sorry I can't offer you a solution but if it helps, the "odd silver boxes on the lights" might well be resistors or ballasts, commonly fitted to prevent aftermarket LED "bulbs" flickering.
Oh makes sense ta

Have you checked for power at the original headlight plug?

I’d contact Chris at THQ - I had an issue with my THQ lights. The guys were so helpful and resolved the problem extremely quickly. It did help that I’m local to THQ.

Have you checked for power at the original headlight plug?
Yer the original plug had no volts for the dipped beam. Thought it may be fuse but seems it's just one fuse for headlight so I believe so guess it can't be that

All other lights work on original plug just not dipped. So bit confused as would have thought it may be fuse but they don't seem individual

Last edited:
Back