Van purchase advice - no led - a deal breaker?

cf69

so found a van that has fairly good spec - apart from no led headlights! apart from not driving at light - is it a no go?
2016 caravelle 4motion manual

why are they never perfect spec and why do people choose not to have the led headlights when they choose their new van...
jeez

LED lights were a pricey option at the time on selected models, so a lot didn’t get them.

the only way to get can with the options you want is to order a new one, not an easy task trying to find a unicorn

the only other way to get decent light, is to retro fit some H7 headlights

so found a van that has fairly good spec - apart from no led headlights! apart from not driving at light - is it a no go?

why are they never perfect spec and why do people choose not to have the led headlights when they choose their new van...
jeez
You could look at it this way - Hazzy Days retrofit them at circa £4K; if you added that the price of the van, would it still be value for money?

Having recently got my new van with LED ‘s all i can say is that they’re amazing!!! I would now never want to not have them. So for me it would be a deal breaker.

Being Caravelle it'll have H7. However, the THQ lights look quite similar and with the right bulb combination in them, them perform pretty well at a cost of about £500.

You boys with factory LEDs might think your lights are good, but my new Tig has IQ LEDs. Now they are another level.

Yeah, had adaptive LED’s on my R-Line, always marvelled at how you could drive behind someone with your main beam on and their car would be in a blacked out box that followed their every twist and turn, amazing technology.

Yeah, had adaptive LED’s on my R-Line, always marvelled at how you could drive behind someone with your main beam on and their car would be in a blacked out box that followed their every twist and turn, amazing technology.
I'm very anti pointless gadgets and overly complex technology for the sake of it, but what you describe sounds like a great use of technology giving real safety benefits.

I have h4 whilst they are not perfect they are not that bad either, we do also have fog lights which help a lot
Hey you can retro fit lazer lights if you want into the grill .
Just buy a straight clean van with service history if I were you ,rather than something with lots of bolt on bits

I have a RR Sport with Lazer Pixel headlights that stay on main beam when behind another vehicle....amazing.! Even better when the same comes behind me and their main beam is lighting up the road and verges either side of my vehicle. It's really strange the 1st time but surly a huge advantage safety wise for other vehicles with lesser headlights.
More light the better in my opinion.

H4s = useless. H7s = OK. LEDs = the best. If you get a van with H4s prepare to change them after your first drive in the dark but H7s are perfectly acceptable (IMHO anyway).
I agree. The twin H7's that come with the intermediate light upgrade, whatever it is called, work fine at the speeds you normally do in a van. Obviously not as good as LED's but perfectly acceptable

I am used to driving new Audis with amazing LED and lazer lights and I find the H7 lights on my shuttle, actually ok.

I have a RR Sport with Lazer Pixel headlights that stay on main beam when behind another vehicle....amazing.! Even better when the same comes behind me and their main beam is lighting up the road and verges either side of my vehicle. It's really strange the 1st time but surly a huge advantage safety wise for other vehicles with lesser headlights.
More light the better in my opinion.
Will they detect a pedestrian in the dark? If so they are brilliant! (pardon the pun!)

jeez
By the time you get a definitive answer from the forum the van will be sold.
If you want it buy it.

Will they detect a pedestrian in the dark? If so they are brilliant! (pardon the pun!)
What would they need to do on detection? I'm mean to make them brilliant? I have no idea what happens if they come across a person....id say that's driverless technology stuff.

Back