Van in sport mode on frosty mornings

andythom188

Electrician
T6 Legend
Took the van to work this morning for a run left it in sport mode oh my God it was like a different animal, not sure if it was the dence air making the turbo,s perform better like my old rs turbo,s. I'm liking this dsg now went like stink on them country lanes, led,s lite the road up like daylight all I had to do is point the van and accelerate .
Thought I'd made a mistake with dsg:)

Ours is really loosening up too - It's actually quite fun to drive and definitely shocks a few trade vans with it's turn of speed.
Both gearbox (manual) ad the engine were definitely quite "tight" for the first 1500 or so miles.

Sounds fun that @andythom188 are look forward to my early runs to work on cold dark (not ice) mornings with the LED'S lighting the way !
I think the cold air works wonders on turbos! My wife's little GT turbo flys in the cool damp air!
Always loved early mornings on me fireblades , they just flew ( very scary sometimes to be honest , surprised I'm still alive ! )

But there's that point when cold air = very slippery roads.
Just under 10 degrees seems to be the sweet spot.
The M135i which really gulps in air (big twin scroll turbo) definitely feels livelier when it's cold.

But there's that point when cold air = very slippery roads.
Just under 10 degrees seems to be the sweet spot.
The M135i which really gulps in air (big twin scroll turbo) definitely feels livelier when it's cold.
It was just above freezing when I set out at 6.45 this morning very fresh and the van was very lively :) I made the most of it with a big grin on me face

I was in the sea surfing at first light - my hands weren't quite so appreciative of the cold air!
Lovely surf though and a stunning sunrise.
I do love a cold, crisp early drive though; quiet roads, nippy engine - can't help but smile!

Ours is really loosening up too - It's actually quite fun to drive and definitely shocks a few trade vans with it's turn of speed.
Both gearbox (manual) ad the engine were definitely quite "tight" for the first 1500 or so miles.
I'm still on 800 ish miles yet and not getting the use out of it as work as gone silly

Back