Thinking of getting a new 6.1 panel van. Need help with options!

minmax89

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hello everyone!
I've got it into my head I might like to order a new 6.1. Main reasons are to get the extra's that I dont have (and would love) on my T6, but also to invest in a new vehicle (that I've NEVER done before. My current van I love. its 2017 LWB 150 DSG that I got from the UK (imported to Ireland). Few mods include SoLow coilovers, 17" banded steels (finished in the same Oryx white). But it does miss a couple of crucial things that id like. I had planned to keep this for its life, but maybe this next van will do that.
So I went into my local VW dealer, he sent me the options list, took pics of my van (I will return the suspension and wheels to standard), and will give me a trade in price for that, tell him the options I want, then get a price, and work out whether I can afford the thing.

I know I deffo want:
Drivers side sliding door. - I had one on an old Trafic and it was great.
LED headlights. - Current lights are super poo. You all know!

Things id like:
Power tailgate. - I'll always prefer tailgate to barn doors. They look so much better. I'm in and out the van all day so might be nice to have it powered. BUT ideally I dont want glass in the door (only for security really) and it seems for the power tailgate option you have to have glass?? and then glass in the bulkhead??
ACC. - I have cruise on the current van and like using it now and then so would love to try the ACC. It seems it would work 'how it should' then.
Rear camera - think id like that. thought many times of retro fitting to my current. What is the VW one like?
electric folding mirrors. - I do fold them in a lot when parking on narrow roads.
climate control - is this better than standard AC? never had it before.
wireless app connect. - I would deffo use the app connect if i didnt have to plug my iphone into a wire everytime i got in the van. thought of retrofitting a kenwood with this option for this reason. I use google maps a lot. I really don't care for their sat nav (it is nearly useless in Ireland. you can't search for eircode, etc.)
Engine - would probably go for the 150 DSG again. Have no fault with it. did look at the 200bhp version but it seems to be €4k extra! I presume remaping a 150bhp engine would void warranty? But I'd be fine with the 150 I think.
Colour - oh god, what to pick. I love my Oryx white. but might be nice to not have a 'white' van so thought the black pearl might be nice? Or metalic grey? anyone got any opinions here?

I'm going to attach the options list the dealer gave me. I'm curious whether you guys in the UK get offered any extra extras to Ireland. There tends to be this thing in Ireland that people sometimes look to the UK to buy vehicles as they are usually spec'd higher within a particualr model (and can sometimes work out cheaper). This was deffo the case when in 2018 I was looking for a DSG highline. Transporter panel vans are popular here but people dont seem to add the options as much. I thought maybe this was because some options might not be avaiable in Ireland?

My current van. Love it.
IMG_3791.JPG

Attachments

• DB MY21-T6.1-Panel-Van-Optional-Extra-Brochure (12) (1).pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 37
Climate control is far far superior to AC, just leave the AC turned on, set the desired temperature and leave it to it.
Personal opinion but I would avoid black unless you are a detailing enthusiast. Black is extremely high maintenance and will look awful very quickly unless you keep on top of it.

Climate control is far far superior to AC, just leave the AC turned on, set the desired temperature and leave it to it.
Personal opinion but I would avoid black unless you are a detailing enthusiast. Black is extremely high maintenance and will look awful very quickly unless you keep on top of it.
Thank you. Great advice, especially about the black. I’m enthusiastic about detailing but probably don’t have the time to keep on top of it like I’d like

Rear camera, power fold mirrors, power latching (not power closing as there is too much beeping with those) heated seats, heated windscreen, towbar prep (saves a load of hassle later)

Advice is... check every option you request is actually ordered! get it in writing ... Don't start me on why!
This happened to me! Ordered power latching side doors but decided to change to power closing. Chased the dealer multiple times for the order form. Van turned up without, I refused to have it, dealer let me drive it for three months while they ordered me the correct spec!

Rear camera, power fold mirrors, power latching (not power closing as there is too much beeping with those) heated seats, heated windscreen, towbar prep (saves a load of hassle later)

Rear camera - yep!
power fold mirrors - they come standard on the highline.
power latching - did not see it on the options list. Power closing is, but not power latching :(
heated seats - can't get these as I'm opting for the bench seat (wife & daughter seat)
heated windscreen - standard
Yes the salesman was recommending the tow bar prep for the same reason. I don't necessarily think I'll be putting a tow bar on but I may in the future so I'll probably add this in.

Heated seats are available with bench seat it’s £378.00, power latching is definitely available also. Look on the VW van Configurator, I would first spec my van using the Configurator before ordering.

Heated seats are available with bench seat it’s £378.00, power latching is definitely available also. Look on the VW van Configurator, I would first spec my van using the Configurator before ordering.
Not in Ireland it’s not. If I pick heated seats it asks me to change the bench seat to a single seat

however, we can currently get the digital dash on a panel van here!!! Woop woop!

That’s bizarre and makes no sense at all. Clearly all factory options, and made in the same factory!!!!!

Can’t see any sensible reason why they would say you can have an option in one country, but not in another. But then we are dealing with VW here, and you only have to look at the ordering and delivery farce for confirmation of the bizarre and nonsensical approach to somethings they do

That’s bizarre and makes no sense at all. Clearly all factory options, and made in the same factory!!!!!

Can’t see any sensible reason why they would say you can have an option in one country, but not in another. But then we are dealing with VW here, and you only have to look at the ordering and delivery farce for confirmation of the bizarre and nonsensical approach to somethings they do
Yeah tell me about it! Ridiculous

Nope! It is how the manufacturers “play” the market. Been like that for years. A used car imported from UK would always have more “toys” on it than the same used model in Ireland. The great whizz was to see how long it could be used before being chased for the import duties!

Agree 100%, it beggars belief.

Nope! It is how the manufacturers “play” the market. Been like that for years. A used car imported from UK would always have more “toys” on it than the same used model in Ireland. The great whizz was to see how long it could be used before being chased for the import duties!
Yes its true that the UK vehicles are usually better spec'd than Irish vehicles but that's probably more to do with here in Ireland they tend not to add optional extra's to their vehicles as quickly as the British. This is especially true of vans. I'm a builder so meet a lot of tradesmen who wouldn't dream of having a fully loaded highline for example (and think I'm a mug with 'notions' for having my van modded the way it is). They've no problem here picking a VW over a Ford for instance, and appreciating the better quality of van but as for the options, they tend not to get added by the individual as easily.
But I do recognise that some options available to the UK market are simply not available to us here and that's frustrating.
However, we DO get the option of Digital Dash on a panel van that I believe you dont get in the UK. Oooh yes!

Hello everyone!
I've got it into my head I might like to order a new 6.1. Main reasons are to get the extra's that I dont have (and would love) on my T6, but also to invest in a new vehicle (that I've NEVER done before. My current van I love. its 2017 LWB 150 DSG that I got from the UK (imported to Ireland). Few mods include SoLow coilovers, 17" banded steels (finished in the same Oryx white). But it does miss a couple of crucial things that id like. I had planned to keep this for its life, but maybe this next van will do that.
So I went into my local VW dealer, he sent me the options list, took pics of my van (I will return the suspension and wheels to standard), and will give me a trade in price for that, tell him the options I want, then get a price, and work out whether I can afford the thing.

I know I deffo want:

Things id like:
Power tailgate. - I'll always prefer tailgate to barn doors. They look so much better. I'm in and out the van all day so might be nice to have it powered. BUT ideally I dont want glass in the door (only for security really) and it seems for the power tailgate option you have to have glass?? and then glass in the bulkhead??
ACC. - I have cruise on the current van and like using it now and then so would love to try the ACC. It seems it would work 'how it should' then.
Rear camera - think id like that. thought many times of retro fitting to my current. What is the VW one like?
electric folding mirrors. - I do fold them in a lot when parking on narrow roads.
wireless app connect. - I would deffo use the app connect if i didnt have to plug my iphone into a wire everytime i got in the van. thought of retrofitting a kenwood with this option for this reason. I use google maps a lot. I really don't care for their sat nav (it is nearly useless in Ireland. you can't search for eircode, etc.)
Engine - would probably go for the 150 DSG again. Have no fault with it. did look at the 200bhp version but it seems to be €4k extra! I presume remaping a 150bhp engine would void warranty? But I'd be fine with the 150 I think.
Colour - oh god, what to pick. I love my Oryx white. but might be nice to not have a 'white' van so thought the black pearl might be nice? Or metalic grey? anyone got any opinions here?

I'm going to attach the options list the dealer gave me. I'm curious whether you guys in the UK get offered any extra extras to Ireland. There tends to be this thing in Ireland that people sometimes look to the UK to buy vehicles as they are usually spec'd higher within a particualr model (and can sometimes work out cheaper). This was deffo the case when in 2018 I was looking for a DSG highline. Transporter panel vans are popular here but people dont seem to add the options as much. I thought maybe this was because some options might not be avaiable in Ireland?

My current van. Love it.
View attachment 110986
Dude your van looks amazing

Hello everyone!

I know I deffo want:

Things id like:

My current van. Love it.
View attachment 110986
WOW ...... Looks Awesome - I'm just about to pull the trigger on a new LWB T30 PS150 - I was undecided...... but you just convinced me to go WHITE :)

WOW ...... Looks Awesome - I'm just about to pull the trigger on a new LWB T30 PS150 - I was undecided...... but you just convinced me to go WHITE :)
My current one is actually Oryx white. I’m really miffed I can’t get that again cos the Pearl finish is just beautiful in the sun. I was back and forth with the Pearl black but in the end I went for the candy white.
I always wanted the banded steel in the Oryx white too but everyone was saying “oh you should get them powder coated” which obviously only comes in certain colours. I did but was never happy.
Finally about 4 months ago I got them top coated in the Oryx white. That pic above is about a week after they were painted Oryx white.

Back