van furniture oak floor to cab finishing strip t6 kombi ideas

Squiz

VIP Member
Hi all, I have just come to fit my new van furniture oak floor, which looks lovely but, as it is cut from an 8 x 4 sheet ( I'm guessing ) it isn't long enough to meet the front cab floor, this leaves an annoying very unsightly gap and massive toe stubbing potential when going from front to rear !

It's a shame it isn't about 30mm longer !

Any ideas for a joining strip that will look good or at least a solution ?

Im just in the process of doing mine. One more treatment coat to put on it tonight. I’m going to use something like this or a similar one like this but with an LED COB strip in aluminium profile for a bit of bling.

Not the same floor-mine is ply and Altro, but I used the roof panel jointing strip across the join. Looks quite neat.

A previous van with a strip.
Im just in the process of doing mine. One more treatment coat to put on it tonight. I’m going to use something like this or a similar one like this but with an LED COB strip in aluminium profile for a bit of bling.
IMG_8341.jpeg

Thanks guys for the tips, I have asked van furniture and they can supply some oak offcuts to maybe lengthen the floor slightly, I'm thinking that would be tricky to make a seamless join ?

I did buy the extra door seals for the front doors and it came with a shaped seal that goes on the dashboard to stop stuff going between the dash and the windscreen..maybe I can find something similar that would work or a rubber t piece that can go in the gap and transition over both ?

In my instance I grabbed a bit of stainless steel and painted it in raptor paint.
Need to make another yet as the fit on the floor isn't the best.

20210908_090318.jpg

Have this floor and the roof.
Did you fit the side door step ok? I bought a kombi step and it sits too high on the sides, think I need to cut the honeycomb underneath for it to sit flat.

Have this floor and the roof.
Did you fit the side door step ok? I bought a kombi step and it sits too high on the sides, think I need to cut the honeycomb underneath for it to sit flat.
On mine I have 5mm underlay and sound deadening and 3mm ply plus the floor. I used one of the 14mm side steps from Veedub Transporters and it fits easily

Hi,
What did you put on the floor before your van furniture floor ? I used 9mm ply off cuts glued down in the gaps between the floor ribs, this brings the van floor level all over ready to lay your van furniture floor. Some people insulate just the ribs or just the gaps, but what I did was then lay dodo duoliner over the top of the whole lot to have full coverage of insulation.
I put the van furniture down on top of that which means it’s too high for the genuine kombi step, I bought the van x one which is deeper, this fits perfectly without any mods..and it’s excellent quality too !

I'm using the Grey plastic strip from the roof, mainly because I can't throw anything away but should look good when finished.

Hiya I countersunk some stainless bolts through the floor into the 6 old tie down points. I first ply battened between the ridges like most do to get floor level then duoliner over the whole lot.
It’s dead flat doesn’t move and am very happy with it !

Back