Van awning to van fixing

Keeff

T6 Guru
I am thinking of getting a van awning to go away for a couple of nights in very good weather.
I have the buzz now but fitting in the roof look like the t6 three bolts .
I don’t want to drill holes can I buy something I can use the roof rack fixing bolts with. Can anyone recommend a good air tent awning that can sleep two but can manage four at a push if we take the grandkids.
Any advice would be helpful as we normally go away in are 24 feet caravan.
Thanks.

I’ve got a bolt-on awning rail that sits neatly and hidden in the gutter of my T6 (and under my roof rails too!) from Camper Essentials:

Speak to them - the owner who makes them and he can advise: really helpful and knowledgeable.

I fitted a Funky Leisure awning rail under roof rails using existing holes but had it powder coated first to match. We use it with an Outdoor Revolution Cayman Cona air driveaway awning and find it to be perfectly sized and goes up quickly.

awning.jpgawningrail.jpg

The rail look good and I have been looking at that make of awning just a bit bigger about £600.
Just need to sort out two seat in the rear to get the grandkids in.

Is ebay item 176088785200 of any interest?? This could be drilled to suit the roof tappings. Not sure how it would look on the Buzz.

John

Just had a look that them.
They would have been great as I could have fitted crossbars if needed but my roof has a curve in so would need 1 inch legs at front and 2 inch legs at but .
I will see if can come up with an idea on how to fit them.
Thanks for the find .

Back