USB And Aux Part Numbers For Apple Carplay

Hi

I've just had app connect retrofitted by VW but i can't get any iphone to connect, keep getting message usb device not recognised.

I've tried all the usual stuff restarted the phone, reset the stereo to factory settings, different cable etc.

In the menu i noticed i had the choice of Mirror link and android auto but no apple CarPlay option, see attached pic maybe thats how it should be.

Any help would be appreciated.

Going to contact VW on Monday, just thought i would try inhere first incase it was something obvious.

Cheers
IMG_0001.JPG

Did you have the USB socket changed for the apple compatible one ??

CADBD4D6-6834-4715-AE57-3F626ED80109.jpeg 1D5B65D4-FEFB-4247-93F4-A4465B181887.jpeg 0BFCB60E-2F01-4F64-8254-0D188DEAE16B.jpeg

You need to change the usb to a apple enabled usb 5Q0035726E
Thanks for the info, I will call them tomorrow and see what VW are saying. I assumed it would have had the correct USB adapter since all the preparation for CarPlay had already been done and just needed activated.
It’s a 2016 Caravelle.
Don’t think there is any easy way to check the part number.
Would it need coding if the USB adapter needs changed? Just asking because I live 100miles from my nearest VW dealer and a ferry crossing.

I think this what you need, check the connector on the back I believe it needs to be green for the apple compatible sockets
image.jpg

image.jpg

The previous part number is for dash mount socket if you don't have comfort dash

I won't be using this one for a while if you want to buy it and try it out, as long as it's in one piece I will take it back if it doesn't work as long as you are happy to pay for postage ?

I won't be using this one for a while if you want to buy it and try it out, as long as it's in one piece I will take it back if it doesn't work as long as you are happy to pay for postage ?

I may take you up on that offer but i guess the first thing i need to do is check the connection i have.
Do you know if i can pop the usb out from the from of the glovebox or do i need to remove the box first?
Cheers

Just checked and it’s a purple connection I have. I didn’t manage to remove it I just took the stereo trim off and used a mirror.
Would it be as simple as just replacing the USB port or would it also need coded?

Sorry gave you a bit of wrong info there, that socket i bought for my van to be part of double outlet setup so won't be the same connection as yours, may have to go back to the drawing board on that one ??

Sorry gave you a bit of wrong info there, that socket i bought for my van to be part of double outlet setup so won't be the same connection as yours, may have to go back to the drawing board on that one ??
I’ll call them tomorrow and see what vw think.
Just tried a Samsung phone and it works fine so god knows.
In the connection type I only have the choice of android auto and mirror link, not sure if there should be a choice for CarPlay or maybe mirror link covers it.

I have been having hassle with mine this weekend since the latest ios upgrade, the only way I got mine to work was a reboot of the head unit (holding the power button in for nearly a minute it seemed until it powered off then repowered up again)

I have been having hassle with mine this weekend since the latest ios upgrade, the only way I got mine to work was a reboot of the head unit (holding the power button in for nearly a minute it seemed until it powered off then repowered up again)
Tried that as well and still nothing

EA3F5177-3C0A-48FE-9D45-9C2129BD63F4.jpeg

6B54D92F-04F5-4CA6-85D7-31DCB948F7D5.jpeg
This is my connection, looks a bit different

4435CB2D-0A88-4B62-A1C5-0FC4B04BC671.jpeg Hi all, can anybody help me out got a t6 kombi with single usb in dash to radio
Want to change to usb and aux
What supports Apple play
Dealer as no idea and said could not find any info
Cheers

Send a message to @Pauly He can supply the relevant parts from the forum shop. :thumbsup:

Back