Upgrade to a Cali ocean from a T6.1 conversion ??

JonriceT6

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I have the opportunity to sell my t6.1 110bhp manual camper conversion and purchase a 2023 california ocean-
It will cost me roughly an extra £150 pcm and will be a daily driver too, like my current vehicle.
To me I want to pull the trigger as the difference between the two vehicles is staggering.
Shall I do it?
Any of you guys have anything to input?
Would it be a regret ?

part of me wants one because I’ve heard the calis are also going to ford like the transporters.
So could be a last chance to own a vw made camper

The Cali Ocean is a great vehicle, very well made and as you say the last of the VWs. Residuals are excellent too.

I would suggest if using it daily a suspension upgrade and gearbox map will make it perfect.

Do it or you may well regret not doing it in the future.

Sounds to me like you’ve made up your mind already! Go with your gut if you want it get it life’s to short for regrets :thumbsup:
Suppose the questions is… will I get good years use out of it if my kids are 8 and 12 now?
I know the poptop is 6ft6” long, has anyone else for kids that are older and still get good use out of the pop top ?

The Cali Ocean is a great vehicle, very well made and as you say the last of the VWs. Residuals are excellent too.

I would suggest if using it daily a suspension upgrade and gearbox map will make it perfect.

Do it or you may well regret not doing it in the future.
That’s the only thing wrong with them in my opinion: the wheels are terrible. Well the 17s .
What set would you recommend for the Cali? It’s definately something I will do after my trip to Switzerland in July / august.

Still plenty of time to enjoy as a family and will have a good resale value when you feel it no longer suits your needs

That’s the only thing wrong with them in my opinion: the wheels are terrible. Well the 17s .
What set would you recommend for the Cali? It’s definately something I will do after my trip to Switzerland in July / august.
Wheels are all down to personal taste and there are so many options for the transporter. We stock over 30 different wheels - and that’s still not enough!

Suspension upgrade is more important - They are very tail heavy and boat like to drive. Good suspension and roll bars will transform the drive and looks.

Suppose the questions is… will I get good years use out of it if my kids are 8 and 12 now?
I know the poptop is 6ft6” long, has anyone else for kids that are older and still get good use out of the pop top ?
Our baby has finally ditched her parents at the grand old age of 16, us and our silly holidays in a van. You've got at least 4 years before the inevitable Spanish Archer... el bow..

Back