Under van water storage - help needed!

hatjoepeg

T6 Pro
We have a water bottle under the sink and pump but it is hard to fill, leaks if we leave it more than a quarter full when travelling and would rather have useable space in the van.........so my question is (and obviously I have trawled the forum and can’t quite find the easy answer) who has retrofitted or had fitted, an under van water storage unit and pump system that they are happy with? I don’t need loads of storage just an easy fill solution
thanks in advance

Happy with mine, I wouldn’t recommend an underslung tank if you‘ve lowered your van though. I also wouldn’t advise giving up your spare wheel for a water tank.
Have a look on this site.

Would it be easier just to fix the leak? Doesn't help with fill, but maybe a funnel and watering can?

My water container sloshed when full and driving, I found a rubber bung on ebay, cut a core for the water pipe, no leaks now.

May be a lot easier and cheaper than an underslung tank!

It’s still a pain to tilt the container on its side to get in the cupboard then contort myself into the cupboard to get the pump on the tank etc.
once its all together it doesn’t leak but it is just a ball ache to get to that stage

Reactions: CAB
The benefits of an underslung tank are increased storage space inside, lower centre of gravity and normally much more capacity.
We tend to travel for weeks / months at a time so having 5-6 days of water available for two people without visiting a paid site is a bonus.
If you only want to spend time on campsites then I really don’t see the point of an underslung tank.

I’ve just been away for the weekend for the first time with all the family and I too got annoyed with the amount I needed to refill the 12 litre Reimo internal tank we have.

have found the following which allows you to keep your spare wheel and thinking will be pursuing this option.

I’ve just been away for the weekend for the first time with all the family and I too got annoyed with the amount I needed to refill the 12 litre Reimo internal tank we have.

have found the following which allows you to keep your spare wheel and thinking will be pursuing this option.

I have a similar tank, just make sure the securing brackets are better than those in the photo and fitted with channel rubber to avoid chaffing.

I have a similar tank, just make sure the securing brackets are better than those in the photo and fitted with channel rubber to avoid chaffing.
Thanks for the tip. Can I ask what type of filling inlet and pump you used and what parts? Thanks

Hi
I'm in the same boat - 12 litre Reimo tank which is gone in a jiffy. Now considering an underslung tank. Did you end up fitting an underslung?

It’s still a pain to tilt the container on its side to get in the cupboard then contort myself into the cupboard to get the pump on the tank etc.
once its all together it doesn’t leak but it is just a ball ache to get to that stage
Hi
What solution did you proceed with in the end , if any? We are in the same situation and need to address for 2022
Thanks

Hi - I went with 69litre underslung via camper interiors and got Total Custom Conversions in Chichester to install - it cheap but worth it. Did buy all parts including pump that were required.

Back