Ulez

revdecal

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Nice to know that as of the 8th April my 2016 Kombi will be attracting a £12.50 emissions charge as well as a congestion charge for entering central London!

Cant imagine how many companies are going to struggle with paying that additional 24 hour surcharge......and it expands to inner London in 2020.

Have you checked your index against the TFL website? As if it's Euro6 (Adblue) it should be exempt from ULEZ charge.

Have you checked your index against the TFL website? As if it's Euro6 (Adblue) it should be exempt from ULEZ charge.
Unfortunately I bought mine just before the euro 6 come out so I am eligible to be charged :( Might be an excuse to get a new one but I just got it the way I like it!

Snap @Neil Nicholls I often drive my camper into central London for the theatre or concert (esp Royal Albert Hall). Will park on single yellow line in Kensington outside some £4m gaff. On way back have a few sherberts in a fancy over priced cocktail bar then covertly sleep in Kensington overnight for free with Mrs Simmo. :thumbsup: I doubt anyone has ever noticed I've been there. No one notice's anyone or anything in the big smoke. :thumbsup:

working in central London most days . . . . . . . this was one of the reasons for trading our old T5.1(euro5) up to the current T6(euro6)

plus the 50% increased parking surcharge in Westminster and Camden boroughs (for non Eu6 diesels).

We already have congestion charge london, Cycle superhighways, mega bus lanes . . . . . . toll roads & bridges . . . . . Now this.

London is supposed to be leading the country in these matters . . . . . a load of BS is you ask me.

So im going to call all of the above the UK BS Tax, . . . . simple answer is: stay away from London, or pay the price.

Tis a farce, as you can borrow my 54 plate, Range Rover, 3lt diesel... no charge!!!!!

I just checked on the above link...

Ok, I get the reasons why, but a 2016 EU5 engine? I'd understand it if they were talking about a 10 yr old "mucky old diesel" but come on, EU5 engines.

Ok, I get the reasons why, but a 2016 EU5 engine? I'd understand it if they were talking about a 10 yr old "mucky old diesel" but come on, EU5 engines.
Yep, BS Tax.

EU5 not clean enough . . . . . . yeh right. (its all part of the euro/brussel thing - roll on brexit)

though my previous EU5 had no adblue system or stop/start, the T6 EU6 has. . . . .

What is the difference between Euro 5 and Euro 6 Engines? - Imperial Commercials

Euro 1 to Euro 6 – find out your vehicle's emissions standard | RAC Drive

European emission standards - Wikipedia

What is the difference between Euro 5 and Euro 6 Engines?

• European emission standards define the acceptable limits for exhaust emissions of new vehicles sold in the European Union. As a member of the EU (for the time being at least), the United Kingdom is obliged to introduce Regulation (EC) No. 459/2012. This legislation requires vehicles to have an engine which meets certain environmental standards in order to reduce atmospheric pollutants such as particulates and nitrogen oxide. The first standard was introduced in 1993 (Euro 1), we are now moving to Euro 6.

• Euro 5 Engine
    Every van registered from October 2009 onwards has had to meet the current Euro 5 standard which states the maximum limits of NOx and CO2 that are permissible. Euro 5 engines focused largely on carbon dioxide emissions.

• 144.jpg

• Euro 6 Engine
    Euro 6 is primarily focused on reducing nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions. Other gases are also lowered, such as CO2, carbon monoxide, sulphur dioxide, and diesel particulate matter emissions. Different manufactures are tackling these standards in different ways.

For example, DAF new range of CF and XF Trucks are all Euro 6 engines.

Ford, also have an all new Euro 6 engine for the Transit and Custom which replaces the old 2.2-litre diesel, bringing increased power, a wider spread of torque, and a 13 percent increase in fuel economy.

Back