tyre pressure monitor system

andy banes

VIP Member
T6 Pro
who can tell me about the tyre pressure system on a t6. I have a panel van and i have read its not active as standard on these but it it on a combo....apparently it can be activated by vcds something I'm looking into

my question is how does the tyre pressure system work is it like others to do with ride height, and does lowering the vehicle effect the system... does it need to be re calibrated?

I don't know for sure but it's probably just an ABS sensor system; if one wheel changes pressure it rotates at a different speed and the alarm goes off.
Happened once to us and it told us which wheel was affected (it was a nail); pretty useful.

Last edited:
thanks,

of course if its a wheel rotation system does putting bigger wheels on affect it?

No, wheels can be changed, you basically pump all your tyres to the correct inflation then 'save/store' the setting and if will notify you if anything changes

It's a wheel rotation based system using the ABS sensors so you wont need to get the expensive sensor valves fitted.

When I had my 19's fitted the light came on after about 5 miles, as Pauly says just reset on the MFD once you're happy with the pressures. The light hasn't come back on since!

All new vehicles since November 2014 in the EU must be fitted with a TPMS as standard so yours should already be active...

easy way to test, (ideally off road in a safe area ;)) is to let one tyre down approx 25% and do a few loops, you'll get a light like this:

7TEDRAC.jpg

I don't recall the light normally coming on at start up?...

ok so I've gone through settings found something winter tyres........but no tyre pressure reset...

IMG_1561.JPG

All new vehicles since November 2014 in the EU must be fitted with a TPMS as standard so yours should already be active...

Not quite true- it's only passenger carrying vehicles so standard on a kombi but a paid option on a PV.

Back